Squier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squier

Not too long ago I grabbed a Squier Strat in shoreline gold.

Was not expecting all that much out of it because I did not spend all that much on it.

Man what a pleasant surprise. I am fukkin loving this thing. What a great playing guitar!

This purchase has me thinking about grabbing a Squier tele now.

Back when the Jap Charvies could be had for cheap on the bay, I was grabbing them as quick as I could afford them.

If a Squier Tele is as good as the Strat I picked up, these things are gonna be rotating in and out of my house LOL.

You cannot beat them for $150-$200!!!

Well I am jumping to conclusions here as I have not gotten a Tele yet LOL.

For those of you that have tried them out, any opinions on the Squier Tele's?

From what I've seen, the Squiers are great bang for the buck!!
    Last edited by bombtek; 03-13-2009, 07:00 PM.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I guess fett bought the "Q."
    "POOP"

Comment

fett's into his mushrooms at the moment
      "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

My little nephew has a Squire strat... no thanks.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
          I guess fett bought the "Q."
          LOL yeah I know ........ no way to edit that though

I take that back...it's fixed.......no its not...dammit!!!
          Last edited by bombtek; 03-13-2009, 07:12 PM.
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            My little nephew has a Squire strat... no thanks.
            really?....it was that bad?

Now my Squier is not as good a quality guitar as my Model series Charvels are. that is not the point I was trying to convey.

I was just saying that for the money, it is a really good playing and sounding guitar. and it looks damn good too.

Comment

I have one of the teles and i needs fret work, and the pickup needs to be changed out big time, the tuners also need to be tossed. For the money it's not worth too much to me as I'm going to have to spend a bunch to bring it up to par. mine was an angry impulse buy so that's the only reason i bought it
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I had a snobbish mate play a Squier Tele at GC, once. He was stunned at how nice it was, went back to buy it, the next day, and it was already sold. Additionally, I gig with a Squier Standard Strat. Only mods I've done is shaved down that awful big CBS-style headstock to a smaller version, installed a JB Jr. in the bridge and a white pearloid pickguard, and I couldn't be happier. Actually sold my mexi-strat when I got this, cause there really wasn't any difference in playability, the Squier had 22 frets and had the JB Jr. I've said it, here, before, I'll say it again: NEVER judge an instrument by name, alone.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                  I had a snobbish mate play a Squier Tele at GC, once. He was stunned at how nice it was, went back to buy it, the next day, and it was already sold. Additionally, I gig with a Squier Standard Strat. Only mods I've done is shaved down that awful big CBS-style headstock to a smaller version, installed a JB Jr. in the bridge and a white pearloid pickguard, and I couldn't be happier. Actually sold my mexi-strat when I got this, cause there really wasn't any difference in playability, the Squier had 22 frets and had the JB Jr. I've said it, here, before, I'll say it again: NEVER judge an instrument by name, alone.
                  i didn't play mine before buying it. i am sure if i had gone through a couple more i would have found something i liked better. it's mostly the pickup that needs to go, it just has no heart to it at all
                  In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Congrats on the nice playing guitar. You knew this was coming...

Comment

I dig 'em.
                      I have one of the Chinese Squires with a one piece neck.
                      Not bad at all. Good fret work on this one too. Only paid $149 for it.

This was after it's second operation. First one was a H-S-S conversion that I didn't like.

It's now getting a full on Jake treatment. I've already shaved down headstock and I'm waiting on a new blank pickguard.
                      -Rick

Comment

"I approve!"

Comment

:ROTF:

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post

"I approve!"
                          -Rick

Comment

Here's the guitar I want to take with me into my grave.

My 1989 Korean made Squier Strat "the Veteran"

Comment

if you're into plywood bodies, then these are the thing.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X