Squier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skorb View Post
    if you're into plywood bodies, then these are the thing.
    Well, my Korean made Squier indeed has a plywood body but the hardware is top notch and sound-wise it rivals any USA made Fender I played.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
      if you're into plywood bodies, then these are the thing.
      Mine is solid... no plywood here.
      Granted it is a 3 piece body though.
      -Rick

Comment

My Strat mutt is a '83 Squier - Solid wood, CBS head, 3 bolts and chrome "bullet". Rings like a bell and is one of the nicest playing Strats I've ever encountered.

Comment

Glad to see that there are non snobs here LOL....I was starting to get a complex about playing mine becasue it plays so good but its not a top shelf guitar LOL.
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
            Glad to see that there are non snobs here LOL....I was starting to get a complex about playing mine becasue it plays so good but its not a top shelf guitar LOL.
            Yeah, I've got two Korean jobs in the closet that I love. I just don't talk about them much! (I'm still in the closet regarding what's in my closet...)

Comment

Here I am using the "Veteran" in the studio. We're currently busy recording our first album and so far my old Squier has been used on every track.

Comment

I've been curious about the pine tele's that they have out recently.
                Problem is I haven't seen one at GC yet.
                I can't bring myself to special order a Squier. It's not worth the wait, but, as an impulse buy they look good.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I love my 89 MIJ Squier no plywood on this one.Dead on copy of a 60's strat.
                  Well worn, tons of gigging time and it shows.Originally LPB now its a funky green which looks very cool IMO rusty bridge and pickup poles but it plays like a dream.

[/IMG]
                  Last edited by straycat; 03-22-2009, 01:44 AM.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Pine is what the first tele's were made of.RSguitarworks made a tele out of 200 year old pine and it was the baddest tele I ever played.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                      Top shelf don't mean shit to me. I'm playing local club circuits. If I can find a guitar that plays great, sounds great, and saves me a ton, why SHOULDN'T I buy it? Guitar snobbery is stupid, sophomoric shit, and I just don't have any time for it. By the way, my Squier isn't plywood, either. A bad assumption made by many.
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post

Here I am using the "Veteran" in the studio. We're currently busy recording our first album and so far my old Squier has been used on every track.
                        Cool. I remember reading an interview with Paul Gilbert, where he stated that he recorded the first Racer X album with a Squier. further proof that so much of what's going on, can mainly be contributed to in who's hands the instrument resides.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

If they rock who cares what their made of.

Comment

Here's mine, looks like a Heartfield.

It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                              Mine is solid... no plywood here.
                              Granted it is a 3 piece body though.
                              right, I have an japanese-made 1984 Squier Tele that is 3 pc poplar.

I meant the Squiers made in the last 7-8 years in China are plywood.

they are a great starter guitar if you get a good one.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I agree skorb you need to pick thru them to get a good one.
                                For the money check out the New Gibson Melody Makers they kick ass too but you have to pick thru them as well.
                                I bought an 08 MM and did some upgrades and its one hell of a guitar now.

Comment

Working...
                                X