Ngd - mh400 nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd - mh400 nt

I received my LTD MH400 NT from a seller on the bay and have taken a few shots of it for your perusal. The sunlight in the UK at this time of year is not the greatest, so I apologise for the slight fuzziness of the shots but I wanted to get it in a natural light. Bear in mind that all I have to compare is my Charvel Fusion Custom (and I can't play for toffee).

I cleaned the fretboard up a bit (and the oil is still drying in the photos), but the guitar is pretty immaculate otherwise, no serious dings or dents anywhere, I am really impressed with the condition - it is very clean. You'll notice that I snapped the top E string when putting new ones on. I think that although the quilt isn't perfect, I like the natural flow. The colour is pretty nice, and there is none of the 'purplish' hue that some people report, it is very dark grey-black. The body binding is the natural mahogany.

I was looking for a string-thru and my primary focus was a DK2T or possibly a SLSMG, but I have had a few financial hiccoughs (hiccups), so when this came up I took the opportunity. I haven't had a chance to play it through an amplifier yet, but it feels pretty nice. The fretboard is definitely flatter than a Jackson, and the lack of compound radius means that chording low is definitely not as effortless, however I think this is just an issue of 'difference' rather than being 'worse' and is just something that one gets used to. The frets are OK (squarer than J/C), but I can see why some people might have issues, as they have not been finished to the same degree as those on the Charvel. This one doesn't seem to have any major issues though.

In all I am pretty happy with it. I am really impressed with the neck-thru feel, and would definitely consider the real-deal Horizon without any hesitation. I am still going to buy myself a US Jackson at some point in the future, but this will certainly suffice for the time being.
    Last edited by RunDMC; 03-14-2010, 06:00 AM.

Very nice looking top on that one.
    Score!

Try swapping those EMG's from neck to bridge.
    I like an 85 in the bridge.

Comment

mmm, a friend of mine got the same one but he has binding on the body.

Comment

Working...
      X