Gibson Vegas High Roller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Vegas High Roller

Here's another sweet axe I picked up a while back. It's a Gibson Vegas High Roller...in "felt green". These were really cool and innovative guitars. It's too bad the Gibson fanboys didn't know a good thing when they saw one, because they were discontinued. Nitro finish, gold frets (really a copper alloy), semi hollow body, gold hardware, Firebird headstock, and burstbuckers. This is one kickass guitar!

mighty perty guitar. I've never seen one before. what do like about it (compared to one of the other gibson semi-hollows?)

Comment

That's pretty cool. I remember those.

Gibson in general can never really get new stuff to catch on - recent memories include the Blueshawk and the Les Paul Double Cut.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

thats a kick ass guitar...and agreed new gibson shapes just dont catch on..I had a Nighthawk for a while and it was a great guitar

Comment

Argh, no pics! My website is down today.

Yeah these high rollers are nice, if you can find them. I don't see them on the bay much anymore. There is also a neon purple color. The neck is nice and thin, and not sticky feeling at all. Here are the full specs:

• Semi-hollow flat-top body
          • AAA curly maple top
          • Mahogany back
          • Triple-ply top binding
          • Traditional f-holes
          • Mahogany neck
          • '60s slim-taper profile
          • Ebony fingerboard
          • Gold fret wire
          • 24.75" scale length
          • 22" neck length
          • 1.695" nut width
          • Block mother-of-pearl fingerboard inlays
          • Tune-o-matic bridge
          • Stopbar tailpiece
          • Gold top-hat knobs with silver inserts
          • Pearloid tuner buttons
          • Gold hardware
          • BurstBucker Pro humbuckers
          • Volume and tone knobs
          • Manufactured in Nashville, TN
          • Hardshell case with silkscreened silver Gibson USA logo, black reptile pattern covering, and dark grey plush interior

Comment

I can see why they didn't like it - Firebird head, looks like the rear of the body is also dipped down like a Morton/Viper.

I thought the LP DC did pretty well - at least on the "discontinued" market. I saw a lot of people on the LPF crying about their disappearance and then fighting like women at a shoe sale over them on Ebay.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I thought these were a great idea with the wost naming conventions ever.
              If they had called it something else,it would have took off.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                I thought these were a great idea with the wost naming conventions ever.
                If they had called it something else,it would have took off.
                Really? I think the Vegas tie-in is pretty cool, with the felt green and gold frets and whatnot.

Comment

I think it's cool too, but, look at the audience for gibsons.
                  To them, the name came off as "Tacky".

I liked the vegas standard too with the arrow inlays.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                    I think it's cool too, but, look at the audience for gibsons.
                    To them, the name came off as "Tacky".

I liked the vegas standard too with the arrow inlays.
                    Good point! I love that tacky / cheesy / campy shit.

Comment

Great looking guitar from the nut down. Judging from the headstock, I'd say that's a good reason it didn't take off. YUCK!
                      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Cool guitar. The headstock reminds me more of the Gibson Victory than the Firebird.
                        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                          Cool guitar. The headstock reminds me more of the Gibson Victory than the Firebird.
                          Take a look at the Trini Lopez models.
                          Looks like them.

Comment

It wouldn't have taken off with a standard Gibson headstock, either, I'd wager.
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

Gosh, that is really horrible. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X