NGD: Ibanez J Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Ibanez J Custom

Decided to "upgrade" my Jem 7VWH to this baby.

Ibanez J Custom 8570NT. Made for the Japanese market but fallen into my grateful paws.
    Its absolutely stunning. Superstrat perfection. Weighty feel to it, sings like a bird and amazing build quality. Arguably the best guitar I have played.

I'll add more pics when I get a chance.
    Last edited by Mazrim; 03-17-2009, 10:20 AM.
    All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

N I C E!
    Congrads~
    sweet looking guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
      Arguably the best guitar I have played.
      I'd put some strings on it before I made that claim!

She looks very nice.
      Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
      Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

those are amazing guitars. there was a place in orlando, at downtown disney, called george's guitar gallery or something like that, and they had a ton of one off j-customs. those guitars were total works of art. NOT like the usual candy-dipped, cheap-ass looking ibanez guitars we usually slag (including my hideous vintage 550)....

great score!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrrs View Post
          I'd put some strings on it before I made that claim!

She looks very nice.

I was wondering why I couldn't hear anything. You think I should put some strings on it then?

Comment

Sweet guitar! I've been into Ibeenhads lately myself.

Comment

Really nice !! I've been playing "Ibeenbuyingatonoftheseguitars" for years now. They have become my favorite players along with the Jap Fenders I have.

Congrats. Some higher res pics would be nice !!

Comment

I was wondering why I couldn't hear anything. You think I should put some strings on it then?
                Yeah.......guitars rock much harder WITH strings attached.
                Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                  those are amazing guitars. there was a place in orlando, at downtown disney, called george's guitar gallery or something like that, and they had a ton of one off j-customs. those guitars were total works of art. NOT like the usual candy-dipped, cheap-ass looking ibanez guitars we usually slag (including my hideous vintage 550)....

great score!!!
                  Ive been in that shop when I was in Orlando in 2002. Expensive but not as bad as I was expecting. I also went into Guitar Center (I think) just off International drive. It had a DeLorean in the middle of the shop.

Comment

Congrats... that looks super nicey!
                    Is that a Viper/Petrucci neck?
                    The offset dots are making me wonder.
                    If so, then I know why you dig the way she plays!
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                      Congrats... that looks super nicey!
                      Is that a Viper/Petrucci neck?
                      The offset dots are making me wonder.
                      If so, then I know why you dig the way she plays!
                      Its a J Custom "super wizard" neck. Similar profile to the original wizard neck (awesome) but 5pc maple/bubinga. Its very fast and comfortable. The offset dots are common on J Customs. Its either that or vines really. The JPM's had them as well so I can see why you say that. Its a much better neck though.

Comment

Ive been in that shop when I was in Orlando in 2002. Expensive but not as bad as I was expecting. I also went into Guitar Center (I think) just off International drive. It had a DeLorean in the middle of the shop.
                        hahaha, yeah the store with the delorean was george's regular store. at the time there wasn't a gc around there that i know of. i used to like going over to that little guitar shop of international drive because there was also a cool comic book shop right down the sidewalk/circle.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X