Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy shit super clean condition 1983 Tokai Strat, Batman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy shit super clean condition 1983 Tokai Strat, Batman!

It took me three months and the selling of a couple guitars including my ESP Eclipse but I finally have her in my collection and it feels good.

Super clean, I doubt I will ever find another in such a condition and for the price I paid for it.

A little play wear but original downright to the three-way switch and every single screw. This 26 year old guitar looks NEW.

Even the "Made in Japan" sticker is still there, it's unbelievable.

And the best of it all, it's MINE!

I need to start adding Tokais to my collection. Congrats!
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Comment

That's a beauty!
      It's very unusual to find a old Tokai Strat that hasn't been "Fenderised"

Comment

That's super clean and very nice Blazer.
        Tokai's simply rock.
        I love mine, even though it's a superstrat (AST-55H) and not as desirable as yours.

Congrats!!!
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

How much did you pay for it ? I got a Goldstar Sound at a pawn shop about 6 months ago for $50. Its silver and the headstock isn't an exact copy of a Fender.

Comment

How much did you pay$$??

Comment

Beauty...

I have a couple of 82 Tokai fabed Robins...one with a custom order Kahler.

Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

$50 got a gig bag to.

Comment

Originally posted by xbolt View Post
                  Beauty...

I have a couple of 82 Tokai fabed Robins...one with a custom order Kahler.

Love the white one, this Saturday there will be a Vintage fair in my country, I hope to get a good sum for my Tokai and hopefully buy something similar to that Robin. The current price of a Tokai like mine is 800 Euros, so if I do sell it there I have hundo enough to buy something cool and if I don't sell it I'll still have the best Strat that Fender never made in my collection so it's a win-win situation.

Comment

I love my Tokai Super Edition.

It's pronounced soops

Comment

I played a cool Tokia charvel kinda copy - flame maple top bound strat with two hums no pickguard. Very cool. I think it was a Springysound. Only thing I didn't like was the vintage radius fretboard - very un-shreddy.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                        I played a cool Tokia charvel kinda copy - flame maple top bound strat with two hums no pickguard. Very cool. I think it was a Springysound. Only thing I didn't like was the vintage radius fretboard - very un-shreddy.
                        Kinda strange how that works ain't it? For me vintage radius necks are perfect for fast leads and stuff, I guess with me having played them all of my life I guess I don't know better. I even sold a really nice Jackson USA Dinky because I couldn't get used to the fast feel of the neck.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure if its the round fretboard or the small frets that does it for me. I don't think I've ever played a 7.5" with jumbo frets - that might work for me. The Tokai I played was 7.5" with small frets, like my strat.

Its probably the fret size.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                          X