Just ordered my first ESP LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered my first ESP LTD

Woot cant wait got the guitar for $369.00 and the case for $69.00. Its an ESP LTD Kirk Hammett 202 with the black hardware not the black nickel hardware. It should be here on friday but if not i will see it on monday. If any of you have this guitar i would love some feedback on what you liked or disliked about it.....thanks BlitZ

what I like most about the 202 is that the back of the neck isn't painted like the more expensive 402.And it has passive pickups(emg hz's kick much ass, ask alexi laioh (or however u spell it) he uses an emg hz on his $2500 signature model.
    jackson pc-1 chameleon
    charvel model 4
    prs ce-24 emerald green
    ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
    jackson rr ps 3t
    ibanez rg 770 lazer red
    engl thunder 50
    ibanez rg 565
    mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

EMG HZ's are trash pups. Alexi seems to be the only one in the world who likes them. The H4's may be slightly better than the H3's that come stock in Jacksons, but only marginally at best. Dont be surprised if it sounds dull and muddy, most HZ guitars do.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

The HZ4 sounds good in the bridge and the 3 sounds good in the neck(good only).
        On a 5 way switch if you have 2 hz4s you just have 5 spots that almost sound the same except you add some mudd the further you go towards the neck.

Comment

this guitar has the esp emg 301 pass in them, but i pan on gettting a dual set of emg 81's or some blackouts.

Comment

I didn't mind the EMG HZ3 in the DXMG I had for a couple of weeks. Full tone like a JB, but without the brightness.

I agree they are duller than the JB, but since a lot of people complain that a JB is too bright, this might be good.

It all depends on how you EQ the amp, what speakers, etc.

But one thing is for certain, the resale on those are pretty bad.

Comment

I probably wont ever sell it, it will work for what I need it to. Like I always say there is no need for me to go buy some expensive neck through usa made guitar when I can get the same tone and sustain out of a bolt on. In my personal opinion its all in the eye of the beholder. Plus 469.00 isint bad for the guitar and a nice hardshell case...

Comment

Working...
              X