Hey Bionic, Wolfgangs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Bionic, Wolfgangs.....

Hey Bionic, where and by whom are the Wolfie parts made? I know the guitar is built in the Fender CS, but who produces the parts?
    Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
    98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
    Hey Bionic, where and by whom are the Wolfie parts made? I know the guitar is built in the Fender CS, but who produces the parts?
    I think Eddie forges the trems on his kitchen table at home when he's not busy winding the pickups himself!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      I think Eddie forges the trems on his kitchen table at home when he's not busy winding the pickups himself!
      :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Well, I'm an Eddie defender but I gotta admit the video was tough to watch. Right now I'm trying to bring all of my experience as a tonehound to bear as well. LOL.

Current Junk:
      98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Judging by the saddles on the "EVH" logo'd Floyd Rose, I'd say it's a Korean or Chinese made Floyd. Pots are Bourns. Don't know where the pups are actually made at? The Jack, switch and "EVH" labeled tuners are Gotoh...
        Don

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbone View Post
          Judging by the saddles on the "EVH" logo'd Floyd Rose, I'd say it's a Korean or Chinese made Floyd. Pots are Bourns. Don't know where the pups are actually made at? The Jack, switch and "EVH" labeled tuners are Gotoh...

Yeah, I got the same weird feeling holding it. I think you're right. It's nice, but..something wasn't right. Good guitar. Hmm. Sounds like the So-Cal parts list. Hell, go buy you a So-Cal. Save the funds. You're right Grandturk. it isn't that the So-Cals aren't Charvels...its that they're wolfie strats. That's what the So-Cals should be...Wolfies (2 hum) or Frankie's (1 hum) and "by Charvel" or "by EVH"
          I'm starting to think thats all the wolfie is, a so-cal with endorsement, CS upcharges, and 2 new software settings on the cutter/shapers.
          And better QC on the frets and finsih. I still like the headstock though.

Current Junk:

Comment

I don't think its a bad looking guitar, but I wouldn't buy it for:

a. Eddie
            b. $3500??? uh, does it blow you, too?

I'd much rather a Music Man Axis - everyone I've played - the full on one with the Floyd - has been outstanding.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

I know I won't be rushing out to buy a "new" Wolfgang anytime soon. The Peavey Wolf I have is more than fine to me...
              But I will agree if I where looking to buy new... I'd buy the EBMM Axis as well Great playing guitar, and half the price of the new Wolfs
              Don

Comment

for $3500, i would buy a used suhr and a really nice amp...lol

Comment

You can find a mint top of the line Musicman, or Peavey from 12 years
                  ago, with AAAA quilt top...real FR... and D-tuna for around $1900.00.
                  Why go with this new one? Either the Musicman, or Peavey are
                  better axes imo. Plus 1/2 the price.

Comment

I'm seeing solid colors around 2600, but I'll just stay with my MM. The quality is just too good on the MM to consider paying that for the new Wolfie. And I REALLY wanted to like the new Wolfie (which I do) , but I don't think its anywhere near as good. Spend the 2K plus on a nice used MM. On second thought scratch that............BUY the wolfie, ignore the MM so I can buy them cheaper.

Current Junk:

Comment

Working...
                    X