Bc Rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bc Rich

Does anyone here have an NJ Series S type, & if you do can you post a picture of it please?

Also, I'm looking to trade a couple guitars for something.. Either a tube head if I can borrow a little bit from my parents, or a guitar.. The guitars are platinum & platium pro series Warlock, an NJ S Series or a Masterpiece series Mockingbird. Now my initial plan was to do a Warlock like Mick's in Looks That Kill, & with a Platinum Pro Warlock all I have to do is get a new neck & paint it. Then it will be like Micks & I'll have a 24 fret Floyded guitar until I can finnish my Swan. But the Masterpiece Mock is beautiful too

What's the NJ Series S type? I'm a noob with teh Rich's.

Comment

NJ= Nagano Japan not New Jersey . This the the BC rich import line but they are very good quality instruments. especially the NJ's from the 80's
      S Im not sure of probably a newer import line.
      http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

Lorne is a member here too but thats his board...lots of cool BC Rich users there and they'll be able to answer all you questions
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Lorne is a member here too but thats his board...lots of cool BC Rich users there and they'll be able to answer all you questions

+1

I'm a regular there too, the wealth and depth of knowledge is astounding.

Comment

i have no clue about newer ones, ive had a ton of the older ones. ide try & find an older NJ or a US series which was a basically an NJ with usa hardware. great guitars, ive
            heard the new imports have gotten better.

Comment

Here's what they look like. I just picked this up a couple weeks ago.
              Its got the Kahler and a killer neck.

Comment

Originally posted by atdguitars View Post
                Here's what they look like. I just picked this up a couple weeks ago.
                Its got the Kahler and a killer neck.

Ive got that same exact guitar in white. Mines a bit beat up but I just consider it mojo. I'll have to look for a pic of it.

Here ya go.I dont know why the strings and stuff look all crusty in the pic. Its not nearly that bad in person. Its a pearlish sparkle white just like the sparkle white on a model series.

Last edited by Carbuff; 04-28-2009, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Very cool in the white.. I have a metallic cream Charvele Model 5a thats dead mint and wont photograph to save my ass.
                  Any idea what pickups are in the NJ? The info I can find on them is pretty sketchy.
                  To the original poster.. sorry to hijack your thread bro.. I get carried away sometimes.

Comment

I dont know what pickups they are. Im not even sure if they are original. As you see they have the 3 pickup screws. There is no center hole in the ring so either its original or they changed the rings too. I noticed yours has just the 2 screws. My serial is B5742 from the neckplate.

Comment

I always thought the NJ series stood for New Jersey.
                      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                        I always thought the NJ series stood for New Jersey.
                        I read somwhere it ment "New Japan"

Comment

nope nagano japan, early ones were BCRico's. warlocks didnt exist back then tho. i believe the pups were gotoh made dimarzio knock offs, some ricos had dimarzios as did the US series.

Comment

Only the ones with Kahlers does the NJ mean anything. Anything witin the NJ series with a floyd was made at the Cort factory in Korea. They are on par with our charvel model series.

Comment

That would be Nagoya Japan
                              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                              X