Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul Raw Power!?

Has anyone saw the new Les Paul?

It has a maple body and cap with a mahogany neck and maple board. Seams like an odd combo to me.

Looks cool, would look cooler with ebony traps instead of dots IMO.

Comment

I'd like a Standard that looked like that!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'd be all over it if it had a Floyd.

Seriously... it looks cool, but the dots are just wrong.
        Black dots would have been just perfect on that one.
        -Rick

Comment

The guitar pictured above is NOT the original "Raw Power." Below is a picture of my 2000 Raw Power before they fucked up and starting putting EMGs on the guitar.

One of, if not the most badass Les Paul I've ever owned!
          "POOP"

Comment

Solid Maple body.
            That's gonna be really heavy.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I got an email about these yesterday. I like maple boards, but they don't look right on these.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                Solid Maple body.
                That's gonna be really heavy.
                It said on the Gibson site it is weight relived.

Comment

the emg version i think had a satin top to it as well.

wonder why they keep pushing these...

Comment

Whats up with the extra bit in the cutaway - looks like one of those lame Hamers.

Edit - I see - its just the angle the shot was taken. I checked out the site - I like the natural SG except for the "smokey acryllic" pickguard. If you're going to do a see-through pickguard, at least have the decency to route it out right like the Ibanez 770DX.
                    Last edited by Grandturk; 04-03-2009, 04:43 PM.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

The original Raw Power Les Paul was a mahogany body, maple topped "STANDARD." It was designed as a no frills, plain jane Standard. The picture at the top of the page, if you go by the truss rod cover and the fact that the body has no binding, clearly shows a Studio model.
                      "POOP"

Comment

They need to reissue the old Raw Power, both with and without EMGs!
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          They need to reissue the old Raw Power, both with and without EMGs!
                          The first model introduced in 2000 is the one I have. It's a screamer. Nothing subdued about it's tone. Run it through a Marshall half stack, a Mesa Boogie or even a TopHat or BadCat, and it'll make your guts gurgle! The good gurgle, not the bad gurgle just prior to shitting your pants!
                          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            I got an email about these yesterday. I like maple boards, but they don't look right on these.
                            +1...In my world maple fretboards do not go on lesters!

I never understood why they never done a white standard either..I would have loved one

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                              +1...In my world maple fretboards do not go on lesters!

I never understood why they never done a white standard either..I would have loved one
                              they did a limited run of white standards in the late 80s- 88-89 i believe.
                              Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X