05 PRS SE project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 PRS SE project.

Well here is an 05 all mahogony PRS SE project thats been in the works for a while.
    RSguitarworks did the base coat and the graphic. Roy B came up with the dragon idea and Shannon Brewer at RS came up with the design and did the airbrush work, the dragon was done in white and and highlighted on the inner body in yellow then candy green over that to subdue the graphic.Haven't got it all back together yet but just need to wire up the DiMarzio Joe(neck) and Evo(bridge) RS kit of course! Let me know what you think.
    [/IMG]
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Here is a headstock shot showing a little smoke from the flames on the body.
    Pics are not too good but will try to snap some better ones.Guitar looks awesome up close some metallic in the paint too.
    [/IMG]

Comment

Love it.
      The only thing I would have changed would be Green Pickups and rings.
      Just because I have a thing for green guitars.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

you had a chance to refin a PRS and you put a dragon on it?

:cries:
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
          you had a chance to refin a PRS and you put a dragon on it?

:cries:
          Relax... he said it was a SE. Not that I would have minded on a regular PRS anyway.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah I bought the SE for cheap but since its such a great player I thought why not do a graphic on it.

Comment

Looks great! Coolest PRS I have ever seen.
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

I think it looks really good Straycat. The PRS SE's are a really good guitars for the $$, especially if you can find a used one in good shape.

Comment

This one I got for around $150.00 at a pawn shop it had a satin camo graphic which looked prety lame IMO.The guitar played great so that being the case I bought it knowing a refin of some sort would end up on it.
                  Well a PRS with a dragon is fitting IMO.
                  Got her back together today and set up it really sounds/plays killer.
                  The PAF joe neck pickup is pretty mellow and works well in a mahogony body(thanks to etepbb for a great deal on the pickup).
                  The Evo is bright and puncy not too brittle at all.
                  The RS kit is a 540k vol super pot and push pull tone to split to the outer coils(PRS McCarty type).
                  Nice smooth cleans with just a hint of sparkle but big fat tone in full bucker mode.

Comment

That looks absolutely fucking BAD ASS!

Nice job man!

Comment

Thanks Blazer the cap has finally bruned in and wow this guitar has some BALLS!

Comment

Working...
                      X