ESP Horizon Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Horizon Guitars

What can you guys tell me about these? I've never owned an ESP but I found one that I might be interested in getting. How do they compare to a USA Soloist?
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Neck thru or bolt on. I had one of each and they were definitely on par with Jackson USA.

Pete

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
    What can you guys tell me about these? I've never owned an ESP but I found one that I might be interested in getting. How do they compare to a USA Soloist?

Comment

I agree ESP's are great guitars, never had a problem with any of mine

Comment

I have owned 4 esp ltd models. The first was an ec-50 I believe. I thought it was the shit. Then I went for the ec-1000 model in vintage black. I loved that one. I would still have it if it werent for the MC-600 viper Brazilian flag model that I still own. I had one other it was a MHNT i dont remeber what model. I flipped it to get another guitar. So i didn't have it long at all. The ltd models are great for guys like me who cant go out and drop 3 grand for a Gibson les Paul or some other expensive as fuck guitar. I have played a few ESP models and they were even better than the ltds. I say go for it if you have the chance. As far as my experinces go dissapointment is not an issue

Comment

I don't own any ESP's, but I tried a Horizon II and liked it. The neck profile feels opposite to a Jackson in that it's thinner from E-E, but thiicker from board to bow.
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 04-05-2009, 01:58 PM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I like my LTD MH400NT and would jump on a Horizon NT for the right price.

Comment

i used ESPs for a long time. the ESP guitars are EASILY equal to jackson's USA guitars. i regret selling my MII's....i like the 1 5/8th nut width better than the 1 11/16th width that jackson uses. oh well!!! live and learn.

if you find one, especialy if it's an ESP not an ltd. go for it. you'll be happy.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I've owned a couple of ESP's, but I do not think they are as good as an USA Jackson. The reason is that the ESP guitars I tried (An Eclipse and a Horizon) both failed to deliver the sustain that I expected. It has good pick-ups and a good neck on both guitars, but I'll take my Jackson anyday.
                '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
                '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
                '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
                '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                '13 Gibson M-III
                Taylor 214CE
                Dean 6-string Bass
                Morgan Ukulele

Comment

I have an ESP NTII and it's right on par with my USA Jackson SL-1. I highly recommend the ESP. As far as LTD I don't know since I haven't played one.
                  here is my NT-II ESP Horizon
                  Dean MAB2 Aviator Signed
                  Dean MAB1 Armor Flame Signed #3
                  Dean RC7 Rusty Cooley 7
                  ESP Horizon NTII
                  Jackson SL1 USA
                  Jackson PC1 USA
                  Ibanez RGA-121
                  Ibanez PGM 301
                  Ibanez UV777BK Strung to high A
                  Maton EBG808 TE (Tommy E)
                  Alvarez CY127CE
                  Click here for my You Tube Page!!!!

Comment

I've had a couple older ESP's that where pretty good but I felt My USA Jacksons were better. Now the newer ESP's I own are foresure on Par with my Jacksons. Just slighty different neck profiles compared to Jacksons.

Comment

i actually prefer my SLS3 to the Horizon...

Comment

Well I bought it. I've been wanting an ESP for a while and I haven't seen another one like it. It's a custom order that was not picked up. I'll post picks when it gets here.
                        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                          I'll post picks when it gets here.
                          Post some pics as well.

And didn't I already have a thread like this?

Last edited by DonP; 04-07-2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            Post some pics as well.

And didn't I already have a thread like this?

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90579
                            I guess I missed that one. But there is room for all of us to play. Nice guitar!

Comment

Working...
                            X