Acoustic in the attic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic in the attic

While having a look around in the attic I stumbled across my Dad’s old acoustic guitar. It must date from the late 1950’s into the 1960’s. I’ve give it a clean and some new strings. I can’t find any information about the manufacturer or model. All it says on the head stock is ‘The Michigan’ and under that B & S L Sole traders. Perhaps this might be a cheap and nasty guitar, I really haven’t got a clue but if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Here are some pictures

Thanks

David

Made in Japan I think mid 60's.A lot of Japan guitars had a zero fret set up like that.Some USA makers did that as well.
    I will see if that brand is in any of my price guides.
    Not in any of my books sorry.I did email a buddy and he says MIJ mid 60's as well and he knows his obscure guitars like no one else I know.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks for the information. Just spoke with my father and he seems to remember buying it in 1962.

Comment

Cool glad I helped a little.I'm a pawn shop junkie and run across tons of obscure guitars this brand I have never seen.Looks like its in great shape.How does it play?
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It doesn't play too bad really. Not much fret wear but could do with a little polish. Looking down the neck it seems a little buckled and the intonation is off. Going to have a go at making a few adjustments and see if I can improve it myself.

The only reference I've found so far about this particular guitar is on the following blog http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogId=218177625

Comment

Working...
          X