New Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Strat

I just picked up a new guitar. It is a Licenced by Fender Strat body in the traditional tobacco burst finish, alder body, stock USA electronics, Wilkinson roller saddles, Sperzel Tuners and it has a Warmoth 24.75 scale Maple/Maple neck on it with Dunlop 6100's. The neck is raw with no nitro on it.
    This is my first Fender Strat with a 24.75 scale. Doesn't seem any different to me.
    Anybody else here play a strat with a LP scale?

No, but I go back and forth between my Strats and Pauls with no issues. I never understood it when people said that they weren't comfortable with one scale length or the other???

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
      No, but I go back and forth between my Strats and Pauls with no issues. I never understood it when people said that they weren't comfortable with one scale length or the other???
      To me, it's about string tension but that can be cured by going up a gauge.

I use 10s on 25.5" scale lengths and 11s on 24.75" scale lengths. 10s' on an LP feel sloppy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
        This is my first Fender Strat with a 24.75 scale. Doesn't seem any different to me.
        Anybody else here play a strat with a LP scale?
        Only a Fusion - never got used to it.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

pics?
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Here are the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              pics?

Funny that I was think of you when reading about this guitar

Comment

That strat has a cool neck, nice spertzels too
                Ratt & Roll

Comment

that thing probably rips!

classic guitar with a great neck there.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                    +1

I notice zero difference and play both scales regularly in the same gig quite often.

what I do notice is when I'm playing my 1 5/8 nut guitar, that takes a few minutes of getting used to. 1 11/16 is just natural for me.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

The only thing that I notice is that the guitar has the action of a guitar with 9-42 strings on it and it actually has 10-46. I tune 1/2 step down and the strings are actually a bit floppy with 10's. Because of the neck radius the bends are incredible. You can really bend the snot out of these strings. Gotta lose the single coil in the neck and bridge though. I can't deal with the 60 cycle hum. It sounds fantastic though.

Comment

Working...
                      X