Carvin C66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin C66

Got this very modded Carvin, Hipshot tuner, Holdsworth pups and the mini switches were plugged. I think it has stainless frets too, cool guitar and real purdy.

Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

That's gorgeous.
    Love the natural binding look.
    That's a different model Wilkinson trem too.

How does she compare to others you have?

I just picked up my second DC127 and I must say, Carvins are now at the top of my list for quality guitars.
    Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
    Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

One of the best Carvins ive ever seen... beautiful!

Comment

Sweet, Carvins are great guitars.Damn thats pretty.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks, It plays great and has a slightly thicker neck than a J/C. I can't judge the pups til I play it at practice with my 2203 but it sounds great at home
          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I have been resisting getting one of these. With seeing yours the GAS is overtaking me.
            That's nice!

Comment

Very nice! Who changed the Wilkinson bridge to a Hipshot?
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The trem was changed to a Wilkinson V style, the Hipshot is the E tuner replacement for drop D. The original owner did all these mods but they are all ok with me. The only thing I don't like is that he added the pup rings, a C66 comes without them (looks better without). He also added or ordered the middle pup. I am going to get black rings but thats it, the guitar is fine. Oh, he added an earvana nut which is great, whole guitar is really in tune.

Comment

Oh, I thought the bridge was a Hipshot and didn't realize about the D-tuning key. Neat!

Comment

It works too, very cool for cover stuff. I've been eye balling the Carvin site and they have these on sale, you can build a custom one for @1100-1200 right now.

Comment

That's a great deal. I've had three Carvins (still have my first one, an '02 SC90), a DC120 12-string and a DC400. I eventually will order a DC727 7-string.

Comment

Working...
                      X