Weird or cool for a beater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird or cool for a beater?

I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I think for the price you can't go wrong. Could be an interesting project too. But it kinda look weird... Like the ESP LTD ones... Why not get a cheap Jackon JS30 model instead?
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I think its kind of cheesy. Im not liking the painted bolton neck. I would try for a cheap Jackson vee too. Unless youre looking for something different then I guess go for it. It is fairly cheap.

Comment

Cool for a beater.
        Not a big fan of bolt on V's, but, like the Agile version of that one.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

The JS30RR is double the price of the Douglas, and for $30 more than the JS30, you can get an Agile Hornet, which is something I've had my eye on for a while.
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Yeah, not really a big fan of the Jackson JS Series of axes. I've tried em and in my opinion they really really feel like the better side of a waste of money.

I'd rather spend a whole lot less and get something that is probably pretty much the same damn thing quality wise.
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I was speaking used as I figured you said beater and Im sure youre gonna swap out most of the stuff on that douglas eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                I think for the price you can't go wrong. Could be an interesting project too. But it kinda look weird... Like the ESP LTD ones... Why not get a cheap Jackon JS30 model instead?
                Indian Cedarwood.

Get the Agile, not the Douglas.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                  Indian Cedarwood.

Get the Agile, not the Douglas.
                  This would be my advice also.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Junk. Save your dough.

Comment

I still don't understand why the JS30 serie gets a so bad rep here on this board. But, looking for a beater, I would try to find one used before getting one of those Agile/Douglas. I don't know if I'm the only one thinking that way, but looking at the pics available on the Rondomusic web site, most of these guitars look kinda weird, like a kind of bad copy.
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                        I still don't understand why the JS30 serie gets a so bad rep here on this board. But, looking for a beater, I would try to find one used before getting one of those Agile/Douglas. I don't know if I'm the only one thinking that way, but looking at the pics available on the Rondomusic web site, most of these guitars look kinda weird, like a kind of bad copy.
                        Im with you. Aside from the older agiles, Im not too thrilled with the look of the rondo stuff. Ive had a J series jackson and it was a fine playing guitar for the money. It was nothing fancy, the hardware and electronics were not the best but it played ok and looked like the real thing. That Douglas to me looks like something from the Sears catalog.

Comment

"Lightweight Basswood body, weighs only 7 lbs and creates for great tone"

"Actual Weight is only 7 lbs"

So, I guess the other components weigh nothing!
                          "POOP"

Comment

Yeah the hornets are the "better" line that Rondo sells. It'll probably be a better guitar than the Douglas. I personally like this one

But for $600 I will stick with my USA Jackson Strat.
                            It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                            X