"Revolutionary" BC Rich Bich on the 'bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Revolutionary" BC Rich Bich on the 'bay

Well apparently, this is one of the guitars Miko Weaver used when being the guitarist in Prince's band "The Revolution" during the 1989 "Love Sexy" tour. But regardless of that being true, I see it as a cool BC Rich with a Floyd Rose and a neck-through-body construction.

That's a HUGE backplate for a single pickup, single volume control guitar. But I suspect that it has a built in wireless.

That certainly is an unusual headstock for a Bich.

The body shape looks a little off for a Bich... maybe its just me, but the horns look odd.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Wait for Lorne to chime in. He knows the seller and has held the guitar. 100% legit.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Indeed,I have known about this guitar since 1992,and in fact had the opportunity to buy it back then,being a bassist,I declined-D'oh!

Everything said about this guitar is True,I have spoken to Miko Weaver (Indirectly) and he has confirmed it

I even had the guitar in my house last year,F***ing KILLER playing guitar

I personally know the seller,he's a great guy

That being said,even being a B.C.Rich nut,I think the price is too high,but IF he manages to get that much for it,the price of my Phil Lynott used Mockingbird goes UP!

BTW,there is No wireless built in,there is just a push/pull pot in that control cavity
        http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

Bloody hell, I haven't seen that one for years! That one started out in my friend's guitar store in the UK about '89-'90. It did the rounds in the Southwest for a couple of years, and was last seen in a secondhand store in Plymouth. (I won't tell you how cheaply you could have bought it...)

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
            Bloody hell, I haven't seen that one for years! That one started out in my friend's guitar store in the UK about '89-'90. It did the rounds in the Southwest for a couple of years, and was last seen in a secondhand store in Plymouth. (I won't tell you how cheaply you could have bought it...)
            What guitar shop?

And it was in WANTS second hand shop for years at around £400,I won't tell what it eventually sold for

One of my B.C.Rich Bich 8 string basses was in there for years for £800,should've bought it back

Comment

It was Abbey Road Music in Torquay - Nick was friendly with the BC rep, and always had some interesting custom stuff in stock.
              That guitar was real nice, but no-one ever kept hold of it. There was just something not quite right about it. It might have been that it was short scale, it certainly felt small and delicate. Incidentally, when it came in, the wiring was all to hell, only one of the humbucker coils was actually connected.
              I remember that Bich bass in Wants. That was a big and scarey thing!
              Last edited by Snoogans; 04-20-2009, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                It was Abbey Road Music in Torquay - Nick was friendly with the BC rep, and always had some interesting custom stuff in stock.
                That guitar was real nice, but no-one ever kept hold of it. There was just something not quite right about it. It might have been that it was short scale, it certainly felt small and delicate. Incidentally, when it came in, the wiring was all to hell, only one of the humbucker coils was actually connected.
                I remember that Bich bass in Wants. That was a big and scarey thing!
                Ah yes,I remember Nick,ask him if he remembers Doug and Lorne from Sandco music in Plymouth

Yep,I sold 2 Bich 8's that year,got one of them back a couple of years ago,and the poor one that was in Wants,now has Headstock damage,I tried to buy here back,but he wanted too much money,so I'll have to make do with the 10 B.C.Rich basses I have (Unless he changes his mind - LOL)

Comment

Working...
                X