PRS McCarty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS McCarty

I am trying out a new PRS McCarty with the new 57/08 pickups for a few weeks. It's a beautiful guitar! Nitro finish, beautiful flame maple top and binding - vintage Gibson vibe all the way. The 57/08 pickups are the best sounding pickups I've ever hear in my life!!! This guitar is the best guitar I've ever heard in my life. This thing just screams TONE like no other guitar I've played.

The thing that sucks is that I need a new amp and speaker cab which is going to cost the same as this guitar. I don't know what to do. PRS McCarty or New/Modified Marshall head and cab?

Damn decisions!

Go for the Marshall 1/2 stack.

Comment

I vote for the McCarty, amps come and go.
      But a nice sounding, resonant guitar like the Mc are precious.

You can always buy an amp down the road, to your liking. But you will never sound good through that 1/2 stack with a POS guitar.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

The amps you'd need to make all your guitars sound better, but you should get the guitar if it's in your reach, might be hard to get a hold of again...

Flip a coin.

Comment

It's a real hard desicion to make. This guitar has THAT sound that I've been after for a long time. PRS guitars aren't my thing, but this one is just very special. I'll let you guys know what I do.

Comment

I got a PRS custom 24 5708 last November after struggling with the same choices - new amp or guitar. It was the best decision I've made gear wise! It's hard to find that guitar that really clicks with you, amps are alot easier to dial in and not much varaince in the same models. Guitars have alot more untangible features or issues. Go for the PRS!
            What has 9 arms and 10 legs? Def Leppard

Comment

Working...
            X