No announcement yet.

I guess I am getting old. Opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I want a strat sound, I coil tap my SL2H and EDP Horizon. I have coil taps on my Les Paul Classic as well.

As a metalhead, I have no use for a guitar without a humbucker option. My MIM bought new in 1998 sits in the closet. Who the hell wants vintage frets and a 9.5" radius fretboard?

I have an HM Strat and do like that, but what that has in common with a traditional strat is very little. Give me jumbo frets, a flat radius and a thin neck any day of the week.

I do like having Les Pauls and Gibsons around but shredders are funner to play.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      As a metalhead, I have no use for a guitar without a humbucker option. My MIM bought new in 1998 sits in the closet. Who the hell wants vintage frets and a 9.5" radius fretboard?
      As a metalhead, I also have no use for guitars without humbuckers either, that's why I bought my '01 USA Double Fat Strat Hardtail. I don't mind smaller frets, but the 9.5" radius bugs me!
      Lately I find myself playing my Les Paul Studio or one of my two Hamer Specials more than anything else, but my taste in metal seems to be getting heavier and heavier.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have Strats and Les Pauls too but I still prefer my Jacksons and when we play out live in my band I usually have 4 Jackson/Charvels with me, there is simply nothing remotely close to a well setup Jackson/Charvel
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Don't do it. That's your business, but regret's a bitch. I'd keep the ones I had and just buy more!

In fact, that's what I did. After 15+ years of playing my Charvel M1 exclusively, something possessed me to get a Tele - a nice 52 reissue. But what a different animal that guitar is...about the polar opposite of my Charvel.

Playing with a clean tone, and with a narrow (and 7.5" radius) fretboard, fat and very sticky neck, and tiny frets was a shocker at first, but it's improved my playing overall. I've since bought a third guitar, a Fender CP50 strat, which I love.

The tele is a nice guitar but I think the strat does all the tele can do, and more.

Comment

Wow...
            This sounds like me about 5 years ago I did end up selling off my shredder guitars, and did buy a Les Paul, and a Strat... It was great for the first few years... Then I started missing a Floyd ... Next thing you know... I went full circle... First the Strat went down the road for a Jackson... That satisfied the Floyd needs... For a while... Then the Les Paul went down the road for more shredder guitars ... Now the irony... I miss the Les Paul and would like to have another one So I'm on the look for another Les Paul... Moral of the story... Hold on to a few of the J/C's as has been said... it really sucks trying to replace them later on
            PS... I'm 44 if that matters
            Don

Comment

I felt the same a couple of years ago, and guess what? I got an Edwards LP and kept all my Jacksons. These days the Jacksons and the warmoth strat are the ones I play more. I say get everything, also if it will take some time.

Comment

Man... I don't play half my guitars, but the thought of selling them makes me ill. Shit, if I was starving, I would cook up the cats first, lol.
                "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Working...
                X