Straycat's "Stinnett" guitar build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straycat's "Stinnett" guitar build.

You guys have seen a couple of my builds in here before, and now I have the honor of building one for forum member, Straycat.

The specs:

1 piece mahogany body
    3 piece maple neck
    Ebony fretboard w/ flame maple binding
    Hipshot Hardtail bridge

I've recently prepared the body blank, and today I've been preparing the wood so I can glue up a neck blank tomorrow. I'll be filling this thread with pics of the progress as I go, but for now - here's a pic of Straycat's body wood. He's getting one of those pretty blanks in the back!

More pics soon!

Too cool. I love this stuff and I am sure most everybody else does as well. Awesome!

Comment

Yup. ALWAYS look forward to this kind of stuff.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

OH hell I'm pumped!
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Aw man, you're such a cocktease. How long are we going to have to wait for some jucier pics?
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

These are good time threads. Keep on posting!!

Comment

Here is the neck blank all prepared and ready to start cutting to shape:
              We went with curly maple center section and mahogony sides rather than 3 piece maple for a better visual effect.

Comment

Looks great so far Will.

Comment

I love custom builds and will be following this.
                  The Guitars:
                  Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                  The Amps:
                  Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Will's a great guy to work with, he suggested the mahogony for the neck instead of 3 piece maple because I wanted flame maple binding on the neck.
                    He thought the mahogony would help set off the binding.
                    He P.M'd me and gave me his thoughts on the idea and I agreed it was a good idea.
                    It will help carry the natural mahogony theme all the way to the headstock.

Comment

Working...
                    X