No announcement yet.

Sub $500 George Lynch M-1 Tiger - anyone tried it - NEW ESP LTD GL-200MT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry, but whenever I see "LTD," I think FORD!
    We had a 77 metallic poop brown one from 77 to 83.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      I've visually checked out the bengal at Sam Ash in NYC. Wouldn't touch it with a 32' pole. Looked cheap.

I bet that never stop you from pick'n up a lady
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
        I bet that never stop you from pick'n up a lady
        Depends on how much I've had to drink!
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I took this pic from an online store. It's a bit blurry but the guitar looks good to me.

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Looks good ... the "LTD" doesn't bother me ... I think these can probably be had for $399-$450 range with a little negotiation. So long as the neck isn't a piece of junk it could be a very serviceable guitar.
            Dave

Comment

Get up close to the trem and you'll see what I mean... unless, of course, you can't see it, and then by all means, buy it.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

So I finally got around to playing one of these in a store. The short story is that for sub-$500 it's really not bad. There were small inperfections in the paint and one of the Floyd posts seemed to be at a slight angle (i.e. not perpendicular to the body). There were no sharp fret ends so that was good. Not sure what the frets are made of (mystery metal), but they definitely weren't polished or anything like that ... kind of dull looking. Manufacturing imperfections aside, it played pretty good and the stock pickup was ok-ish. The Floyd Rose special was obviously not an OFR, but stayed in tune just fine. In terms of the feel of the Floyd it's a pretty big step-down from the Korean made ones, but it wasn't junk. In terms of the neck it appeard to be a flat 16" radius - meaning not compound. The fingerboard is a separate slab on what appears to be a one piece neck.

Overall I'd give it an 8/10 for its price range. It's not in same league as the current Charvel production models by any stretch, but it wasn't a bad guitar by any means and I may end up picking one up at some point just so I put a check mark next to "Buy a guitar with a tiger finish so I can be oh so 80s" on my guitar want list.

Dave
                Dave

Comment

i hope the neck is good. anybody know about the neck?
                  jackson pc-1 chameleon
                  charvel model 4
                  prs ce-24 emerald green
                  ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
                  jackson rr ps 3t
                  ibanez rg 770 lazer red
                  engl thunder 50
                  ibanez rg 565
                  mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

I grabbed an LTD with a maple neck off the wall to try it. I played about three notes and put it back. The fretboard felt like plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by broken_fusion View Post
                      I grabbed an LTD with a maple neck off the wall to try it. I played about three notes and put it back. The fretboard felt like plastic.

Yea, but don't you only know "three notes" I know thats all I know!
                      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Actually I know 12.

Comment

I would agree the fretboard feels like plastic on the GL-200MT. The wood looked and felt just a little too perfect (unnatural) to me. Nevertheless, the guitar didn't sound bad. It's 16" radius up and down the neck (not compound). In terms of the neck carve ... it is certainly not thin, but that's not a bad thing, IMO. It is not in the same league as the current production Charvels, but who would expect it be for less than half the price.
                          Dave

Comment

Its not as good as the neck on this!!!

Comment

They have one of these in Orlando and every time I go there I play it
                              The neck is too fat for my hands but the sound is really nice, And it stays in tune!!
                              Maybe this is just a good one but if I had the money I'd buy it!

Comment

the 600 series are built much better and can be found used for 6 or $700.
                                jackson pc-1 chameleon
                                charvel model 4
                                prs ce-24 emerald green
                                ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
                                jackson rr ps 3t
                                ibanez rg 770 lazer red
                                engl thunder 50
                                ibanez rg 565
                                mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

Working...
                                X