Help w/ 93 USA Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help w/ 93 USA Fender

Hey guy's, I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I offered to set up my friends Fender since he needed a set up. The neck needs to be straightened out but I can't seem to find a hex wrench that fits the nut. I have both the Metric and SAE sets of ball end wrenches and none of them seem to fit. the 3mm seems to kinda grip it but I can tell it's not the right size and the 4mm seems to big. What gives? :think: I've tried every other loose hex wrenches I've accumulated and none of them seem to fit. Anything above a 4mm or equivalent doesn't fit in the opening for the rod nut. I'm stumped, any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Try a 3.5.. when they get sloppy a 3.5 seems to help. It could just be worn a bit.

Comment

Get one at a Fender dealer.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by atdguitars View Post
        Try a 3.5.. when they get sloppy a 3.5 seems to help. It could just be worn a bit.
        Thanks for the info I'll try a 3.5mm, I was really confused since I figured I had all the Hex's I needed with the 2 sets from StewMac.

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Get one at a Fender dealer.
        Ironically my friend has purchased this tool from Fender and it didn't fit the opening to get to the truss rod. :think:

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

Comment

Working...
        X