Ibanez RG2550Z: yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez RG2550Z: yay or nay?

Anyone owns or used to own an Ibanez RG2550Z ?

I found a good deal for one (well I think!) so any comments welcomed!
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Great guitar - I have a RG2550E, which has the dots rather than the Ghost Tooth inlays. The guitar plays and sounds great. The Dimarzio pickups are hot, but versatile. The neck isn't wizard thin, but it feels really comfortable.

I think you'll like it if your a shredder (or not).

Comment

Don't own one but played one for a while. Great guitar IMO...compared favorably to my Jems.

Comment

I've owned a steady stream of RG5/700 series guitars over the years, and they've all been great. I've never had one that disappointed, and I've probably had two dozen pass through my hands over 20 years.

My only criticism of the newer ones (since about 2002/03) is the lack of locking trem posts. I always buy locking posts and put them in if I buy one of the newer RG's.

If you can get a great deal on it, buy it. Otherwise, shop around. There are literally thousands of them out there for sale. If you're patient enough and shop around, you can always find a good deal on a unique example of an Ibanez RG.

Have fun with it!

Comment

Thanks guys for the infos. I haven't decided yet if I'll pick it up or not. Anyway, my job is keeping me too busy these days but if ever I do something, I'll keep ya all posted.
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I think they are o.k. guitars. Pick-Ups are good, but I don't like to record with Ibanez guitars. Allthe Ibanez guitars I've owned has some noises I can't get rid of. Usually it's the trem that bothers me. I've tried everything, but the sound won't go away. I'd look around. There are plenty of used ones around which you can get for cheap...
            '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
            '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
            '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
            '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
            '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
            '13 Gibson M-III
            Taylor 214CE
            Dean 6-string Bass
            Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Working...
            X