Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BASS??...Best bang for the buck!!

Nothing comes close..trust me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT4AP58jC5o

Details on our Online Store. Link below.https://www.northwestguitars.com/onlinestore.htmlNorthwest Guitars in Bellevue Wa425.284.1960Lessons - Repairs - Sal...
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Cool...but I don't know what it has to do with J/C basses other than it's probably better than anything Jackson's made.
    From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Yeah this should be in Guitars By Other....

Hey, Bill, what's a good bass for about $ 100 ?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Some people really like SX basses. I'd give them a look-see, Racer!

Last edited by Chowderboots; 05-13-2009, 04:15 AM.
        From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

You may be able to get an OLP used for about 100.
          Tha GL did'nt have a very good blueberry burst, it was more like a midnight burst. Makin me tired. I'm going back to bed .. lol
          Last edited by leftybob; 05-13-2009, 06:51 AM.
          Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
            Cool...but I don't know what it has to do with J/C basses other than it's probably better than anything Jackson's made.
            ..absolutey,

actually better bass than anyone made..I had 'em all.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Yeah this should be in Guitars By Other....

Hey, Bill, what's a good bass for about $ 100 ?
              but it's not a guiitar, and theyre's no "Basses by Other"..

Comment

Ahem..actually the guy in the first video fucked up. The middle switch is the battery operated preamp, the last switch is the splitter.

The G & L L2000 have not changed a bit since they came out in '80..why mess with perfection.

Comment

well Jackson or not, it is one of the finest basses they ever made for sure.

Would I own one? ---fuck no!!!

I would own a 1/2 dozen with the different pup configs.
                  http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    but it's not a guiitar, and theyre's no "Basses by Other"..
                    But...it's not a J/C, but it IS a bass guitar, so it is a guitar technically...just fuggin admit I'm right, Billzy!

Oh, and for $ 100, I forgot to say "No China products" - I believe OLP & SX are both communist-produced

Comment

ha.... korean/jap/chinese/indonesian, does it matter anymore?
                      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

re: bang for a buck

I'd say the only "cheaper" basses worth their collectable value (besides the J/C's) would be the Ibanez Roadstars, or the Classic Vibe Fender series. They should hold their value or more down the road.
                        Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

Hey Bill,

Have you ever played a Wal bass? Its very similar pickup design to the G&L but the preamp in the Wal is what takes it over the top tonally or at least what I hear.

Just wondering if you ever played a Wal...

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                            ha.... Korean/jap/chinese/indonesian, does it matter anymore? :d
                            blasphemer!

Comment

Wal basses are absolutely amazing but G&L has more clearer and thicker upper midrange punch which is what you want for slapping. Wal's have that "growl" character which is great for rock.

SX basses are very good for that price, I've played their J-bass model and you can't get a better one for that price.

I would check out Mexican Fenders. They are pretty cheap used, depends of the model too of course. Hit the stores and try them all out. Lately I've been a lot more impressed by Mexican J-basses than the US ones. Much better tone. Session ace Uriah Duffy plays only Mexican Fenders lately, I heard him a couple of months ago and his tone was incredible.
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X