bargain ibanez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bargain ibanez

just picked up a rg550 for £130 it's a bit tatty nothing a good o'l strip down clean and fix up won't cure......

yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

$ 130 wow sweet deal man

Comment

Great deal thats newer than mine I don't have the AANJ.Nice color good snag.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

130 qıid for that with a case?

You bastard!!
        If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Bloody hell!
          Result!

Private deal, or did you find it in a store?

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
            Bloody hell!
            Result!

Private deal, or did you find it in a store?
            ebay......

BIN £235 buy went to collect from seller (who said it's a bit tatty and if i didn't want it he'll refund my money). got there, looked at it and said nah i don't wan't it it. he then knocked £100 off it to take it off his hands (so out of kindness i said o.k.).

it's got loads of frett wear and i'll probably get another body of ebay for it (sort of a project for the summer).

Comment

wow nice score!
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Be very careful getting another body because some out there aren't routed deep enough in the pickup and trem routes,that goes for neck pocket routes too.
                I would just refin that body, way cheaper to do that than buy a body and run the risk of having to fix the one you buy off Ebay.
                I would leave it as is it looks cool with a few nicks here and there

Comment

Are the rg550s made in japan?
                  "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                  Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Yes the good ones, some are made in Korea and Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      Be very careful getting another body because some out there aren't routed deep enough in the pickup and trem routes,that goes for neck pocket routes too.
                      I would just refin that body, way cheaper to do that than buy a body and run the risk of having to fix the one you buy off Ebay.
                      theres more than a couple of nicks on this little bugger.....(it looks like it's been kicked up and down the street a couple of times). i was thinking about getting one of them repacement jem bodies in bare wood and oiling it (sort of eau'natural) and do the same with the neck and headstock?

Comment

Here's a link if you are interested in converting dollar amounts from different currencies around the net .. http://coinmill.com/
                        Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          +1 to all said here.

I wouldn't do much to the neck except maybe (at worst) have it refretted. I'm not a huge fan of that color (just personal preference) but hey man, it's a 550 and acquired for a great price. I think the lumps add character. You could patch, sand and paint, or have it painted, instead of risking the body swap thing. But if you're dead set on body swapping, do take notice of the previous post. There are things that can go not as planned w/respect to the routes.

Great Score BTW!
                          In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

o.k. i got myself a replacement jem body (alder) and i'm going to oil finnish the body. but before i do i'm going to stain the body and the front of the headstock. the colours shortlisted are...purple, blue, pink and lime green.

what do you think will be the best one to go for??:think:

Comment

well i went for the natural look and the guitar is nearly done (another coat of oil on the body, electrics and final assembly). had a couple of minor issues with the new mirrored plate and the jem body but nothing too bad (nothing a bit of sandpaper and a chisel wouldn't cure).......

Last edited by cookiemonster; 06-09-2009, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X