• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Finish!

Love that blue with the maple neck.

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
      Given that the body was taken from the Screamin' Deals section, the whole thing cost about $1000. That includes all hardware, the Floyd, etc.
      Yea, thats too expensive in my opinion for a non name brand guitar IMO. Now i think buying a body on ebay, and getting a neck from ebay are a good idea, granted the selection is MUCH smaller but its probably about half the price!:idea:
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        You're welcome, and I understand. I did initially think it was "inspired" as in "It's not a Jackson, but it's a white Strat-head with a Floyd" but then I read your posts regarding what you wanted to do with it. I didn't mean to rub it in at all, just kind of agreeing with the "Hey that wasn't what I expected..." that some others expressed.

Couple of questions if you don't mind. I saw that body for sale and almost bought it... It looked very nice in the showcase.

How do you like their finishes, up close and personal? Good quality? Good attention to detail?

I can't tell from the pics, did you go with the "black dyed routes" or do otherwise for the recessed FR?
        Fit and finish is fantastic. The neck fits very snugly in the pocket. I paint the Floyd route myself...takes about 15 minutes. I also put a thin foam pad on the recess as is found in most recessed trem guitars.

To Jacksonguy666: If you're concerned about retail, then yeah, you'd take a beating. But if you want to build yourself a custom guitar for less than 25% the cost of a custom shop (from anywhere) and get it in 1/10th the time, it is worth considering. My Warmoths play and sound every bit as good as my high end off the rack guitars. In fact, I doubt I will ever buy another guitar off the rack again, unless it is something that I can't approximate with a Warmoth build.
        Last edited by DocNrock; 06-17-2009, 07:41 PM.
        The Guitars:
        Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
        The Amps:
        Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Fit and finish is fantastic. The neck fits very snugly in the pocket. I paint the Floyd route myself...takes about 15 minutes. I also put a thin foam pad on the recess as is found in most recessed trem guitars.
          Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to do a build soon and was planning on doing a pre-finished with "tremolo of your choice" which would be a recessed Floyd in my case as well, hence my curiosity about the cavity dye and finish quality.

I def. agree on the "build it yourself" thing. I don't think I'll be buying anything else "off the rack" unless it's neck-through because I always end up "tweaking" them anyway and I don't need to pay $3000+ for something I could build just as good "without the label" (or with my own label.)

Comment

To Jacksonguy666: If you're concerned about retail, then yeah, you'd take a beating. But if you want to build yourself a custom guitar for less than 25% the cost of a custom shop (from anywhere) and get it in 1/10th the time, it is worth considering. My Warmoths play and sound every bit as good as my high end off the rack guitars. In fact, I doubt I will ever buy another guitar off the rack again, unless it is something that I can't approximate with a Warmoth build.
            +1 Great Job Doc I've got the Blackmore just about done. At least one of them. I like the contoured heel. Warmoth does a good straight forward job with them.

I might be building Dave Murray's vintage white Floyd Strat from 2002. I don't know yet.
            Again great work!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
            X