Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't resist...

I just HAD to take this one home...

And I'm gonna mod it, better tuners, three ply pickguard and shielding the whole thing.

Just curious.. why did you have to take this one home? By the time you mod a entry level Squire you will have more money into it than just buying a Mexi which is much better quality all around. Those guitars sell for $99.00 all day long around here. Great band for the buck for $99.00 but not anything I would want to put any money into.

Comment

I don't know, the color was just too hard to resist for me.

Comment

I gave my little blue Squier a set of serrated teeth...

I had this loaded pickguard with two Duncan Designed humbuckers which are based on the Duncan "Invader" humbucker lying around and it dropped into the little Squier without modifications to the body whatsoever.

It barks like a rabid dog and bites like a great white Shark. I'm itching to take this one to band rehearsal tomorrow and try it on my stage set up.

Comment

Those are really good guitars Blazer I dig the color.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            Just curious.. why did you have to take this one home? By the time you mod a entry level Squire you will have more money into it than just buying a Mexi which is much better quality all around. Those guitars sell for $99.00 all day long around here. Great band for the buck for $99.00 but not anything I would want to put any money into.
            I bought a single pickup Squier Bullet Special back in 2003, the orange model. It was $99 at the time. I had an old Duncan Distortion pickup that I wasn't using, so I installed it in the Bullet along with a better volume pot. I also bought some better tuners and a better bridge from Carvin to upgrade it. When all was said and done, I spent about the same on the upgrades as I did on the guitar. It would have been more if I had to buy the pickup.

But, one of the reasons I bought this guitar was because I wanted something inexpensive that I could use to learn to do guitar mods. The knowledge and experience I gained from this venture was worth far more than the money I put into it. I use it to this day as a "shop beater" with which I can test other equipment builds, but it really plays and sounds quite good.

YMMV...
            Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

i bought a black affinity strat that was 1/2 off yesterday, plays pretty good, getting a wired pickguard with neovins from gfs when money permits

Comment

Working...
              X