My new Epi (w/pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Epi (w/pics)

She's sweeeeeet, sounds great for 400 bucks, I would tell that sounds as good as a Gibson, great action. The only issue I had was that the neck pickup wasn't working, but that was fixed at the Guitar Center, some soldering little thing. Thinking of installing a Bigsby B7 and a roller bridge. Whatcha think?

"You deserve what you dream"

looks nice in a nice non metal way.
    no sig.....

Comment

Originally posted by asix View Post
      looks nice in a nice non metal way.
      Yes, specially compared to the one at the left

Comment

I have looked at those before, but It needs to be bound before I would buy, I don't mind the dots, but unbound on either rosewood ebony or anything other than maple looks sloppy unbound, but still, congrats on the sick guitar!
        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
          I have looked at those before, but It needs to be bound before I would buy, I don't mind the dots, but unbound on either rosewood ebony or anything other than maple looks sloppy unbound, but still, congrats on the sick guitar!
          Thanks!! she really rocks out.

Comment

I too was into gibson/epi when I started, I had a G-400 (sg) in black and I actually got a Gibson Explorer that I still play to this day,because it is set-neck and all of my jacksons are bolt-on. Which is IMO Jackson's only flaw.
            I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I too was into gibson/epi when I started, I had a G-400 (sg) in black and I actually got a Gibson Explorer that I still play to this day,because it is set-neck and all of my jacksons are bolt-on. Which is IMO Jackson's only flaw.
              Yep, I think the same, my DK2 is bolt-on, but in the future I may get a neck-thru Soloist.

Comment

It's bolt on? I have the Blue Orange Flames DK2. And a modified RR3 and a Custom shop "esque" Mutt Firebird!

Comment

If you meant that thats why you like it, then okay, but yours it set-neck. Although I'm sure you know that, I believe I misinterpreted.

Comment

If you meant that thats why you like it, then okay, but yours it set-neck. Although I'm sure you know that, I believe I misinterpreted.
                    What I mean by neck-thru is that the guitar is one piece, like an SL1 for example. My DK2 is a two piece guitar, or Bolt on. BTW, blue orange flame kicks ass!

Comment

A neck through is NOT one piece. The neck is one piece of wood with two "sides" added onto it. And another thing, Jackson did in fact make set neck guitars such as the Charvel 750 Archtop Soloist, although it looked like a neck through.
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Don't mess with putting a Bigsby on it way too much trouble for a trem that always goes out of tune.If it were mine and I wanted a guitar with a Bigsby I would trade that one in for one that does.
                        Then screw down the tailpiece and pin the bridge to keep it from moving.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Sweet little guitar.

Comment

Working...
                          X