Tyler and Suhr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler and Suhr

Has anyone spent significant time or owned/currently own a guitar by either company?

I'm currently debating ordering a Suhr with a Floyd or a Tyler Studio HD with the mid switch and a Floyd.

Some people hate the Tyler headstock, but I actually like it. Suhr seems to have a pretty solid reputation, but what little I've read about the Tylers speaks very highly of those guitar.

I was planning on purchasing an Axe-Fx soon, but have decided I need yet another super strat style guitar.

I'm in the hate the Tyler headstock as well camp. I have 2 Suhrs, they all look nice. Most have a hi-fi like tone. I've only touched one Tyler so I can't offer a viable opinion. Another one to throw in the mix is a Tom Anderson Drop Top. I have 3 Tom Anderson guitars which will be 4 probably by year's end. Def look into Anderson Guitars.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I just got my first Suhr last Friday and absolutely love it. The fret job is beyond impressive...probably one of the best feeling necks I have EVER played.

Ironically I never liked the "look" of a recessed trem but I find it comes in handy for some things.

I am impressed with my first Suhr.
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

tylers were warmoth parts dont know if they still are

Comment

I haven't played a Tyler, but can tell you that the Suhr's are top notch.

I don't buy that "hi-fi" sounding line though. I would think that it would depend on how you spec it.

Andersons look good too, and they are the only option if you would like a Gibson scale neck on a strat body.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I've had a few - they're all nice guitars. I prefer GMW's for this sort of thing though.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
            X