X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ID

Hello,
    I recently bought this beauty:

The serial noumber is 380585, made in japan, and this is all I know about it.
    Is it model 1A? Can you recognise pickups? How much is it worth approx.?
    Any information about this guitar are more than welcome.

Thanks

It's a model 1A but I with the pickups changed out. I paid $225 new for one back in the 80's but the can go from 200-400 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
      It's a model 1A but I with the pickups changed out. I paid $225 new for one back in the 80's but the can go from 200-400 now.
      I dumped my 1A on this board for $175 not 6 months ago. Definately the bargain basement of the model series.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Ok thanx for the help. At least now I know what kind of guitar I have

Comment

Originally posted by Bezo View Post
          Ok thanx for the help. At least now I know what kind of guitar I have
          And don't let the $$$ value make you think any less of the guitar - these suckers play great. I loved mine, but I needed to make room for others.

I installed humbuckers in mine, and found that I had to route out the cavity to make room for the "legs." So dEspite the "universal" route - you can't install anything you want without work.
          Blank yo!

Comment

I dumped my 1A on this board for $175 not 6 months ago. Definately the bargain basement of the model series.
            IF that's the one with the nice routing under the pickup guard I have it now. It's back to singles with black covers and a white pickup guard. I stripped and oiled the neck too. I hated mine back then but love this one(after the oiling part).

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              IF that's the one with the nice routing under the pickup guard I have it now. It's back to singles with black covers and a white pickup guard. I stripped and oiled the neck too. I hated mine back then but love this one(after the oiling part).
              I think Dubya cleaned up the routing some - it looked like hell when I went at it with a dremel:
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                And don't let the $$$ value make you think any less of the guitar - these suckers play great. I loved mine, but I needed to make room for others.

I installed humbuckers in mine, and found that I had to route out the cavity to make room for the "legs." So dEspite the "universal" route - you can't install anything you want without work.
                I bought mine because it sounded really good, and I wanted sth with single coils, for now i won't put hambucker in. This one looks like brand new, without any scratches, and sounds great (but don't know what kind of pickups has). I payed 250€ for it, that would be $350 or sth like that. Don't care about money, she's a keeper

Comment

He is already seling it localy :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by butrus View Post
                    He is already seling it localy :ROTF:
                    Shit happens, USA Kramer is still USA kramer

Comment

Originally posted by Bezo View Post
                      Shit happens, USA Kramer is still USA kramer
                      only when it's really a USA Kramer
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        only when it's really a USA Kramer
                        true
                        I'll check it out this weekend and see if charvel stays or not

Comment

Working...
                        X