NGD 1987 Charvel Model 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD 1987 Charvel Model 3

I just posted yesterday about pulling my Model 1 out and playing it. It was so fun I decided to cruise Craigslist and eBay for another Charvel! I found an almost mint pearl white Model 3 for $250. The guy lived less than 3 miles from my house. Call it destiny or fate or whatever but I scooped it up!

I am assuming the pickups have been changed or uncovered? The truss rod cover is missing (no big deal). Other than the hairline neck pocket cracks that most of these have and a few tiny marks it is flawless. Zero fretwear.

Plugged it up, it was in tune and sounds pretty good. Would be nice to have a louder pickup in the bridge. I have not checked to see what pickup is in it but it has that overwound PAF sound which is ok, but not in this guitar IMHO.

Here it is :

Nice find man
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

That is beautiful. The trem and locking nut have been changed, too. Great find.
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
        . The trem and locking nut have been changed, too. .
        Probably a good thing?

Comment

I think the Model 3's came with uncovered pickups...
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

What trem is that? Is it just a chrome jt-6 with a schaller arm on it? I think thats all thats been changed. Stringlock looks original too, just chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
              What trem is that? Is it just a chrome jt-6 with a schaller arm on it? I think thats all thats been changed. Stringlock looks original too, just chrome.
              After looking at that pic closer, it looks like the saddles and trem arm were changed. That does look like the original JT-6 base.
              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

nice score

Comment

Originally posted by satch0922 View Post
                  Probably a good thing?
                  As for me, I have had no issues with the JT-6 and I have owned many J/C equipped with them.

Comment

After looking at that pic closer, it looks like the saddles and trem arm were changed. That does look like the original JT-6 base.
                    I think the base is chrome too. You can see the reflection of the arm collar in it. I think the flash just hit it the wrong way making it look black.

Comment

I think the base is chrome too. You can see the reflection of the arm collar in it. I think the flash just hit it the wrong way making it look black.
                      I've never seen a chrome JT-6 before. Do you have a pic of one?

Comment

I've never seen a chrome JT-6 before. Do you have a pic of one?
                        I've saw a few.. not many..

Comment

Nice guitars I especially like the maple necked one!
                          1989 Charvel 650XL, ADA MP-1, Lexicon MX200, BBE 362NR Sonic Maximizer, Marshall EL-34 50/50, Marshall Mode Four MF400A

Comment

Looks chrome to me as well. Not sure, but the fine tuners and the posts look black though. *shrug* Could be the flash making them look that way.
                            sigpic
                            The Family...

Comment

Working...
                            X