Charvel Model 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 4

Guys, would any of you know how much a Charvel Model 4 from 1986 would be worth. It was one of the first to arrive in the UK and I paid £518 for it back then. It is in great condition apart from a dent on the body. Any ideas?

Putting it up on the 'bay, huh?

I paid $125 for my '86 Model 4 in 2004, every thing stock except the body was spray painted flip-flop teal and no case. I was able to take off the spray paint with some rubbing compound to reveal its original ferrari red color. I eventually ditched the red body for a pearl white one which I got off the bay for $50. I also had to replace the worn Kahler string lock for $30 or so.

I also put in $200 worth of EMGs to replace the stock pickups.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

just sold a red one for 320 +25 shipping on ebay, probably could have gotten a little more.it was red had a case.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

It makes a big difference if we are talking a Kahler or a JT6

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          It makes a big difference if we are talking a Kahler or a JT6
          86 would be a Kahler.
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

That's right - 87 & 88 had the fake Floyd and sharkies.
            Blank yo!

Comment

Cool, didn't know that was tied to the year of manufacture. I guess mine is an 86 then!

EDIT: I meant to add, seems like the JT6's fetch a bit more scratch. Kind of odd, considering the Kahlers are tope of the line USA made trems, while the JT6's are cost-reduced Japanese knock-offs.
              Last edited by Axewielder; 09-14-2009, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks fellas!

Comment

Kind of odd, considering the Kahlers are tope of the line USA made trems, while the JT6's are cost-reduced Japanese knock-offs.
                  Yeah, but Floyds won the trem wars more than 20 years ago. People just don't like Kahlers as much.
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Cool, didn't know that was tied to the year of manufacture. I guess mine is an 86 then!

EDIT: I meant to add, seems like the JT6's fetch a bit more scratch. Kind of odd, considering the Kahlers are tope of the line USA made trems, while the JT6's are cost-reduced Japanese knock-offs.
                    I think that's mainly because it's easier to put an OFR on the model with the JT-6 My model 4 still has the JT-6 on it. It's not a bad trem, I wouldn't have bought it if it had a Kahler.
                    Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Working...
                    X