Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are 2nd hand USA Standard Gibsons same value as 2nd hand Model series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are 2nd hand USA Standard Gibsons same value as 2nd hand Model series?

BECAUSE THE STUPID PRICK IN AUSTRALIA THAT IS SELLING ALL THE MODEL SERIES is selling them same price that 2nd hand USA standard gibsons are going at its got me fuming! he's turned a cheap line into a very expensive one!!

Atm on Ebay i can find a whole bunch of Gibson SG's going for about $1,000-1,300 2nd hand (now thats in Australian money)

Now check this out

yep folks thats a Model 3!!!

Now i know i've already made a thread about that Model 3 in the ebay section but i want to know are the Model Series really worth that much? Becasue i had a go at him in an aussie forum and he reckons they are worth that much because of how "they're a collectors item"

its making it incredibly frustrating when im trying to add to my collection when that freaking Model 3 is selling at DOUBLE WHAT I PAID FOR MY FRREAKING MODEL 6!!!! ($550!!!)

and yeah and btw he sold a Model 6 for $1,600 a little while ago
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

Frustrating as I'm sure it may be, he's entitled to sell them at whichever price he feels is right. If he can sell them at that price without misrepresenting them, that's the law of supply and demand in effect.

Comment

No one is forcing you to buy from this guy... unless you absolutely NEED that guitar, then he's got you over the barrel.

Guitars are a buyer's market - if there's no buyers, the value will go down; if there's more buyers than there is product, expect the price to go up (seller's market).
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Pretty amazing that he gets that level of scratch for those.

Can't fault him for getting top dollar for them, but I do understand your frustration. I like to get things cheap too.

Cheere,
        Chris

Comment

why do you have to have THAT Model 3? Have you noticed he has relisted that guitar a bunch of times? It would only be a concern if he was selling them for that kind of money & other sellers followed suit.

I think maybe you've been spoiled by how cheaply you bought your Model 6. That is stupid cheap for over here. $1600 is high, secondhand US territory, but $550 is an absolute steal. (Although I did pick up my 550XL for $300....)
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            why do you have to have THAT Model 3? Have you noticed he has relisted that guitar a bunch of times? It would only be a concern if he was selling them for that kind of money & other sellers followed suit.

I think maybe you've been spoiled by how cheaply you bought your Model 6. That is stupid cheap for over here. $1600 is high, secondhand US territory, but $550 is an absolute steal. (Although I did pick up my 550XL for $300....)

was hoping you'd post Vitamin

I dont want that Model 3 its just that he's the only guy atm selling the Model Series and seems to be the only guy that has them, if u take a gander at his website www.importstrings.com and look under Charvel you'll notice ALL his Model Series are VERY PRICEY which means the only place atm where they can be easily found is VERY HIGHLY PRICED

almost like he's monoplised the Models market over here.

Vitamin know any other places that sell Model series?
            USA Jackson RR1
            Charvel Model 6
            Jackson Performer-2
            Orange Dark Terror
            EVH 5150 LBX
            Hello Senòr

Comment

Have you checked out Guitarcrazy.com.au? Last time I looked they had quite a few Jacksons & Charvels, including a metallic blue Model 3 for around $650. It's been on their site for years so I don't know if it is current.

Private sales of Charvels pop up on Oz Ebay from time to time. Prices usually aren't too bad unless the sellers is completely uninformed. There was a Model 3 back in June for $600. He had no bidders having listed it a couple of times, but it's a lot cheaper than your mate selling that M3 above.

A while back a Model 2 was listed for something like $1600 or best offer - I offered him $350. When he relisted for $1500 I offered him $350. With his last attempt I offered him $350 and he contacted me, noted my keeness for the guitar and offered to let me have for - I can't remember how much exactly - about a grand. I declined and pointed out that as the seller he was entitled to ask however much he wanted but I considered $350 a good price for me, given the prices I've been able to find Charvels for locally, and referred him to the $600 M3 that was listed at the same time.

I don't know of any other sites regularly selling Charvels locally. I've picked up all mine in pawnshops, usually sitting in a dusty corner while an Indonesia Ibanez or Chinese Squier takes pride of place on the wall. Fine by me - all the dust & finger funk helps push the price of the Charvel down As long as the guitar is fundamentally sound, I can usually right anything that needs fixing on it.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

ah sweet yeah i REALLY want a Model 2 a predator would be SUPER FUCKING SWEET

at some point i shall save up n get one

*UPDATE**

just been looking at www.cashconverters.com.au but so far all i've found on there are Charvette's including this one that has a sweet paint job http://webshop.cashconverters.com.au...ar_By_Charvel/
                Last edited by AussieTerry84; 09-17-2009, 10:12 AM.
                USA Jackson RR1
                Charvel Model 6
                Jackson Performer-2
                Orange Dark Terror
                EVH 5150 LBX
                Hello Senòr

Comment

I feel so bad for you aussies - I should ship over my Model 4 to you guys... for 1 Million Dollars!
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    I feel so bad for you aussies - I should ship over my Model 4 to you guys... for 1 Million Dollars!

BBAARRGAAIINN lol
                    USA Jackson RR1
                    Charvel Model 6
                    Jackson Performer-2
                    Orange Dark Terror
                    EVH 5150 LBX
                    Hello Senòr

Comment

Deals can be had. I picked up a Model 5 for just over NZ$200.
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                        Deals can be had. I picked up a Model 5 for just over NZ$200.
                        Sanctuary do the equivalent of ur cash converters or music shops post to australia? wats some sites to check out to find Charvels?
                        USA Jackson RR1
                        Charvel Model 6
                        Jackson Performer-2
                        Orange Dark Terror
                        EVH 5150 LBX
                        Hello Senòr

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
                          Sanctuary do the equivalent of ur cash converters or music shops post to australia? wats some sites to check out to find Charvels?
                          Yes we have them. When they first arrived here, I got a deal on a lovely rainbow crackle Model 6 with Gotoh trem. They are pretty crap these days though. Most stores just don't move anything because the stock they have is over priced or ancient/rubbish/used-and-abused. They also list their items on the local auction site which is http://www.trademe.co.nz/ (just lke your ebay) so it's kind of pointless walking into a store. Which is why most of them are now closed.

But anyway, back to your question I don't believe they will post overseas. You could try the auction site above, but I'm pretty sure that they want you to have an NZ address. That's how I've found most of my Charvels (Trademe). Personally, if I found something over here, I'd fly over a pick it up considering how cheap the flights are these days.

Our music stores are in the same vein as your Alans-type outfits. Mass produced rubbish that is generally over priced. Although I can say that we don't pay as much as you do. I remember seeing an SL2 for like AUS$4k in Melbourne. Lols.

Most of the MomandPop music stores have gone due to the big franchises (Music Works, Music Planet, Rock Shop) which were the only interesting places to check out.
                          Last edited by Sanctuary; 09-19-2009, 05:47 PM.
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                          X