Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which model is it?

Hello!
    I need to know which model is this Charvel!

It is Japanese and the serial number is 363049

Thank you very much for your help!

Greetings from Argentina!

That looks like a Charvel Fusion Custom? the other guys here will know better than me

Comment

Originally posted by Morgray View Post
      That looks like a Charvel Fusion Custom? the other guys here will know better than me
      I have no idea!
      I want to buy it but know nothing of their design or manufacture year.

I am interested in the quality of its accessories, the Floyd Rose more than anything.

Greetings!
      Last edited by vorticehm; 09-23-2009, 01:24 AM. Reason: bad link

Comment

That is a schaller floyd, a very good unit. Looks like it needs a good cleaning. If it is a fusion then its 24.75 scale (gibson scale) as opposed to 25.5 like most other Jacksons and Charvels.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
          That is a schaller floyd, a very good unit. Looks like it needs a good cleaning. If it is a fusion then its 24.75 scale (gibson scale) as opposed to 25.5 like most other Jacksons and Charvels.
          So the bridge is very good ...
          That difference has to jackson when you play then? By the scale I say ...
          This is faster? Am I wrong? I am half ignorant ..

Comment

Not faster, just different. The frets are just a tiny bit closer together, and if you use the same string gauge as on a 25.5" scale guitar, you'll notice less string tension.

Comment

I buy it?
              It's too bad what you see in the pickups? And Floyd seems to be rusty too ... or not?

I have to speak by phone with the salesman ...

Comment

Originally posted by vorticehm View Post
                Hello!
                I need to know which model is this Charvel!

It is Japanese and the serial number is 363049

Thank you very much for your help!

Greetings from Argentina!
                Looks exactly like my 375 DLX.
                Guitars:
                Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                1988 Model 2,
                Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                RR3
                Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
                  Your 375 has 24 frets?

Comment

How much is he selling it for? If it's cheap then get it and clean it. Take the Floyd off and dis assemble and soak it in WD40 or something similar and an old tooth brush. It should have a J90c in the bridge and it is a Fusion because it has the Jackson/Charvel rails in it.
                    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                      How much is he selling it for? If it's cheap then get it and clean it. Take the Floyd off and dis assemble and soak it in WD40 or something similar and an old tooth brush. It should have a J90c in the bridge and it is a Fusion because it has the Jackson/Charvel rails in it.
                      Is selling about $ 500 ...
                      But note that here is a good price for these guitars is inconseguible!
                      The seller is a luthier that works very well here in Argentina. I spoke by phone yesterday and told me that the guitar is flawless and the pictures these are bad enough, but now this very well.
                      Anyway I will not pay, I will change my bass Charvel 575 Deluxe .. is good business.

Tomorrow I will go see it.
                      If the change, I take some pictures and show them.

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
                        Do not think that's the 375 DLX ...

Unfortunately I could not find a photo of a similar model on the internet ..

In fact if I found, but did not specify the model ..

Comment

It's definitely a Fusion Custom. Here is the '89 catalog page with the Fusion Custom:

'90 - '91 catalog page:

If you go see it in person, the headstock should having matching paint, even though it looks black in the picture. I think the guitar is a very dark metallic green that wasn't listed in the catalogs, but was used on several of the models.
                          Last edited by dg; 09-25-2009, 05:24 PM.

Comment

yea, and it is flawed. headstock has been chipped and cut at an angle so not to notice the big chunk on the bottom missing!
                            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                              It's definitely a Fusion Custom. Here is the '89 catalog page with the Fusion Custom:

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....350&fullsize=1

Hi DG!
                              Thank you very much for your answers!
                              As I said before, here it is very difficult to get these guitars. In the '90s there were plenty and cheap! But not now.
                              You've used one of these? You could tell me if it really good?
                              Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X