STX Custom, need some info plz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STX Custom, need some info plz.

I need some info about my new guitar. Because I'm from Belgium where Charvels aren't that well spread I payed 500 euro's. I absolutely loved it's sound and feel so I think it was worth it, and Charvels aren't that simple to find in Belgium.

I know it's an Charvel STX - Custom. With a schaller floyd, and Reflex active pups. Could any one provide me some more information? What wood this one is etc? They were Japan made and primarly sold in Japan. based on this link http://www.guitarsite.com/discussion...es/35225.shtml

but any info would be welcome.
    Last edited by Defees; 09-24-2009, 11:38 AM.
    Looking for "any" Charvel from 1989 (birthyear)! contact me !

they sound better like this!!! But I found mine to be very nice after I got rid of the active double singles. paid 175. parted it out for around 300.

yours looks modd"d also the headstock, not seen one with a strat head? yours looks kinda like ash?
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-24-2009, 12:11 PM.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
      they sound better like this!!! But I found mine to be very nice after I got rid of the active double singles. paid 175. parted it out for around 300.

yours looks modd"d also the headstock, not seen one with a strat head? yours looks kinda like ash?
      the STX- custom decal looks legit to me, but it's custom, so it's legit? :/?

perhaps I can help u with the serial : 382762 ?

Comment

I think yours is legit, but produced only for the European or Asian market. Stratheads weren't allowed in the US market at that time because of Fender's design trademark. As for "custom", that's just part of the name of the model.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          I think yours is legit, but produced only for the European or Asian market. Stratheads weren't allowed in the US market at that time because of Fender's design trademark. As for "custom", that's just part of the name of the model.

And the wood? (neck is 1pce maple with rosewood, quite sure of that) Might be ash ?

Comment

The US catalog scan says the trans finished ones were ash, and yours looks like ash to me.

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage....747&fullsize=1

Comment

but my headstock is stratlike... so it's one built for european and asian market?

Comment

Yes, I believe so. There were several Charvel models in the '90s that were made for the Japan market and elsewhere that were identical to their US market counterparts except for the headstock.

Comment

I see a set of Reflex pickups in it. I've been wanting to hear a set for years but have been unable to get a set. I understand they are amazing, also that also looks like a Schaller Floyd on it. Looks like a mean sounding and playing guitar.
                  It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                    I see a set of Reflex pickups in it. I've been wanting to hear a set for years but have been unable to get a set. I understand they are amazing, also that also looks like a Schaller Floyd on it. Looks like a mean sounding and playing guitar.
                    They sound awesome. It can handle thrash metal easily and even gary moore / rory gallagher if u find a set... buy 'em.

Comment

Working...
                    X