1984 Charvel Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OoooooohhhKayyy then.

If you guys really think these guitars are 'great' then it's very possible that you need to raise your standards a bit, or....stop mis-using the English language by calling them 'great'.

There's a reason why they cost $300 or less in the 80's when they were new.

I'll say again that this was/is bargain basement JUNK.

You'd be better off with a Mexican built Fender...and that is saying a lot.
    Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 09-29-2009, 11:39 PM.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
      If you guys really think these guitars are 'great' then it's very possible that you need to raise your standards a bit, or....stop mis-using the English language by calling them 'great'.

No U!

I loved mine when I had bought mine new. Was a great player thoughout all my early college years.

-Nate
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post

Ok, give a detailed description as to why these are junk, and why a MiM Fender is better.

First a few things I'll throw out as to how I see things.

1) The JT590 will hold true to tune days on end compared to a v-trem
        2) The MiM Fender with vintage frets and radius isn't as suited to shredding as this guitar.
        3) This guitar has the beveled neck pocket = better high fret access
        4) 24 frets vs. 21 frets.
        5) high output humbuckers vs. 3 ceramic single coils. Ok, one model has a PAF humbucker in the bridge.
        6) Short scale neck better for shredding
        7) Wizard thin neck better for shredding

The Fusion Deluxe smokes the MiM Standard.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          Ok, give a detailed description as to why these are junk, and why a MiM Fender is better.

First a few things I'll throw out as to how I see things.

1) The JT590 will hold true to tune days on end compared to a v-trem
          2) The MiM Fender with vintage frets and radius isn't as suited to shredding as this guitar.
          3) This guitar has the beveled neck pocket = better high fret access
          4) 24 frets vs. 21 frets.
          5) high output humbuckers vs. 3 ceramic single coils. Ok, one model has a PAF humbucker in the bridge.
          6) Short scale neck better for shredding
          7) Wizard thin neck better for shredding

The Fusion Deluxe smokes the MiM Standard.
          LOL so true. Not to mention that the hardware was the same as the USA Jacksons of the time. Even the pickups were the same. J90C in the bridge come on get off your high horse and come down to reality. I own a USA Jackson and know better. Why do you think the price of the Japanese guitars has gone up so much and the Japanese Soloist run the same coin as the USA models of the same period.
          Last edited by 84sups; 10-01-2009, 01:05 AM.
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
          X