What should i do with my Model 2???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should i do with my Model 2???

Hi... i been struggling wit myself about what to do (or not) with my model 2.
    i really suffer the lack of neck pickup. so i decided to send the guitar to the shop to install one. i already got a dimarzio HS3 so... my dubt is.

i do it or dont? what do you think? ill pay propper attention to your sugestions.

i guess... guitar will loss re-sale value if i "broke" the "all original" state... right?

well
    i will apreciate your opinions.
    thanks.

Yeah, but its a cheap import model, so who cares?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Or get a concentric pot so you'll have a tone control with your volume.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You only need one pickup.

Honestly I would not worry about it. If you feel you would like the guitar better with 2 or 3 pickups, go ahead and have it done, and don't worry about the value decreasing.

Comment

As to value=what color it is=red=more money, year can =more money, condition can really= more more! they are not that cheap really!!! pretty much the same or more than a dk2! if its red and in good shape i would not fuck with it!! but its not mine...
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Bungurdy mist, 1988... mint, some little scratchs

Comment

Give it to me and I'll treat it right. find yourself a 275 the first year was a strat body and had a H/ /S pup configuration. Great guitar i have one. But yeah send me your model 2.
              Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Hikshredd View Post
                Bungurdy mist, 1988... mint, some little scratchs
                Overall, the model series is low cost for bolt-ons, but I honestly have yet to see a single pickup burgundy mist body, so I think that's relatively rare.

Routing a neck pickup essentially makes it a Model 3 or 3A (can't remember which), and these pop up relatively often on the bay, especially the bodies by themselves. So, if u don't mind doing a little soldering, buy a Mod 3 body and transfer the neck and hardware over, and you'll keep your other body unaltered.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                  As to value=what color it is=red=more money, year can =more money, condition can really= more more! they are not that cheap really!!! pretty much the same or more than a dk2! if its red and in good shape i would not fuck with it!! but its not mine...
                  Red is really more $$ over the others? Bright red or the crimson? cos I think the bright red and white ones are the most common. BTW, the way I got my 1st white model 2 was thru Sam Ash when they bought up the remaining older Charvel stock in late '88/early '89 before the toothpaste styles came out.

Sam Ash only had the 2's in either red or white, and advertised them for ....$150 apiece! I bought one over the phone and I think it cost like 154 shipped. Later that year, I visited NYC and stopped by the Sam Ash at 48th st, and the had the entire middle of the floor filled with boxes of the red and white 2's! If I could go back in time I would have bought many more!
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

First I would never add a single coil. If they screw up the guitar looks like shit, since there is nothing worse then a single route or a single with a pickup ring.
                    Is this the color?

if so hit yourself in the nuts for even thinking of messing with it( I never should have sold that one pictured).

Comment

Get a Predator or a 3DR if you want a neck pickup. I can't remember which has the full sized body.

Comment

Get a Predator or a 3DR if you want a neck pickup. I can't remember which has the full sized body.
                        Neither.
                        The first year of the 275 is the only one I can think of that has a full sized body rear routed and has the possiblity of being H/S(2 singles at the bridge together), but the trem is nonlocking.
                        Maybe get a 3a or a 1a and order a new pickguard.

Comment

Actually, the first-year 275 came with a JT-6, then they switched to the single-locking trem when they went to the dinky body.

Comment

over 400. on fleebay a few months ago! sold it buy it now in about six hours, so there is no Question!

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Actually, the first-year 275 came with a JT-6, then they switched to the single-locking trem when they went to the dinky body.
                              oops, and I was wrong about the 2 singles at the bridge too. The first year had a humbucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X