Charvel with outlined logo - Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel with outlined logo - Identification

I have just bought a Charvel (the vendor said it´s japanese), RR model, 2 hambuckers (the one on the bridge is EMG). The serial is stamped in a sticker, behind the headstock and begins wth C0 (the other numbers are hard to read).

The tremolo is Charvel licensed by Floyd Rose and the tuners are Jackson.

The guitar contains 1 knob.

Below the logo says "Jackson/Charvel"

I´d like to know if anyone can help me to know the actual birthplace of this guitar and year of manufacturing.

Thanks
    Last edited by RodrigoFreitas; 10-21-2009, 12:06 PM.

The old Charvel RR was Avenger.

I've never seen one in person. It is possible that there were transition models models with different logos.

From your discription, it sounds more like a regular RR with dual hums. Its possible this was a JDM-only model. A similar Charvel Kelly popped up a couple weeks ago.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

This one has slightly differences from mine. I´ll upload some pics.

Comment

Here's a Japan-market Charvel Rhoads with an outline logo:

More pics here:

Here's a page from the '93 Japan-market catalog with that model:

The gallery at the Japanese fansite jacksonguitar.org is always a good place to start looking when something out of the ordinary pops up. Even if you don't find an exact match, sometimes you can just get a model number off one of the descriptions and start googling from there to find other models.
        Last edited by dg; 10-21-2009, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info! So the guitar was only manufactured in '93? What you long time Charvel players can say about this guitar? I really liked playing it!

Comment

Unfortunately, there is a big gap in the Japan-market catalogs that are available online. I've only seen catalogs for '89 and '93, and a '90 pricelist, so it's hard to know if they made that model in other years.

If the info on this page is accurate, it may have also been available in '92:

Last edited by dg; 10-21-2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

The serial begins with "C0", if it may clearify the year.

Comment

On neckthroughs, a C0xxxxx serial # would mean 1990, but that seems a little early to me for this style of guitar (bolt-on with recessed screws & no neckplate).

Comment

Maybe ´2000?

Comment

Working...
                  X