Project 475 Deluxe Exotic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project 475 Deluxe Exotic

So I might pick up an 475 as a project. Comes with body and neck. No hardware except the neckplate and screws.

Catch is, it's lefty.

So, which Floyd should I drop in? Can I go OFR? I haven't been able to locate a Schaller FR in lefty, or a jt-590 (I think that came with it.) I saw the OFRs on Warmouth for decent price.

Any help here?

Just went to Schaller's site.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 10-28-2009, 12:02 PM.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Yeah, go with the Schaller. A Floyd Rose's string lock screws will be too long to clear the recess and pull ups will be causing the screws to hit into the top.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
        Yeah, go with the Schaller. A Floyd Rose's string lock screws will be too long to clear the recess and pull ups will be causing the screws to hit into the top.
        Excellent point. The recessed route on those models is smaller than the regular sized Floyd. My 375 has the same smaller route.
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

Will a Floyd Rose Pro fit in the 375 and 475 recess? I looks to be a little shorter than the OFR. Otherwise stay with the Schaller, I just checked their site and they've made some improvements to their version of the floyd like hardened steel pivots.
          filerj

Comment

The floyd pro will not fit where a schaller was. The fine tuners will stille hit the body.
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

A Floyd Pro requires a super-deep route under it to accommodate the hardware. Without routing deeper, you'd need to shim the neck more and have the bridge sit further from the body.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by leftydavez View Post
                I haven't been able to locate a Schaller FR in lefty, or a jt-590 (I think that came with it.)
                I thought a JT-590 IS a Schaller?

Whatever the case, I love those 475 Deluxes. I know the one you are looking at. I've been spying those suckers on eBay. In my opinion, they are the best of the old/new configurations.

Comment

Working...
                X