No announcement yet.

Charvel 650XL EMGs or Bareknuckles/SDs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 650XL EMGs or Bareknuckles/SDs?

Going to swap the pickups out of my Charvel soon. Just wondering if I should go for a EMG 85,SA,SA set (already have it waiting) or a Bareknuckle Miracleman and SD hotrails?

Thanks for any advice.
    Guitars:
    Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
    Ibanez S520EX
    Jackson DK2M

I have a DiMarzio PAF humbucker in my XL650

Comment

I guess it would depend on what you like best. I have all three in different guitars and like all three.

Comment

Leaning more towards the EMG set atm since I cbf sourcing the hotrails. I'll save the Miracleman and a dimarzio YJM for my Doug Aldrich.

Cheers guys!
        Guitars:
        Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
        Ibanez S520EX
        Jackson DK2M

Comment

My 650XL is equipped with EMG 89 humbucker and 2 EMG SA. I also had the 18 Volt mod done, I think it sounds ok with EMGs to be honest. Here's a clip of me and my guitar if you want to hear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl3I8jT2Mt0
          1989 Charvel 650XL, ADA MP-1, Lexicon MX200, BBE 362NR Sonic Maximizer, Marshall EL-34 50/50, Marshall Mode Four MF400A

Comment

I just put a Bare Knuckles Nailbomb in my 550XL and I love it, I had a Duncan Parallel Axis that I really like but the Bare Knuckle really kills
            I will be using more Bare Knuckles in the future

Comment

EMG's are OK for effects, whereby you want to normalise/compress quieter notes. But in all honesty, I find them to be so compressed, they take both tone and expression out of the sound. They sound like stewed tea. If you want lots of mid range, get the Seymour Duncans. If you want more low end, get the Dimarzios.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Any of those pickups will do. EMG are not as some have said here they are very consistant sounding. I can't say that for any of the high imp. pickups I used one day they sound great the next in the same situation they're awful and I for one don't know why. I've used EMG for the last 25 years and the are very versitile like anything you just have to work with them.

Comment

[. I can't say that for any of the high imp. pickups I used one day they sound great the next in the same situation they're awful and I for one don't know why.

I have never had this problem? I have used every pickup[almost] on the market and EMG's just don't do it for me
                  But.. some guys get great sound out of them, I think as you said you just have to work with them
                  Last edited by metalone; 12-12-2009, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X