Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy to find a 475 locking nut?

Hey guys-

Have a possible lead on a pretty nice Charvel 475, but aside from a few of the normal cosmetic issues, the locking nut is completely missing.

Would it be hard to find one of these? Would it be expensive? Easy to install assuming there is no damage to the neck?

Here is a pic of it...

I don't think that nut that is there is stock. It should be the same locking floyd nut that you can find on any jackson dinky.

Comment

Those came from the factory with Schaller/Floyd lock nuts. R3 is the size.

Comment

Hey Rich - Looks to me like the nut is completely missing...why it has been removed is anyone's guess.

The hole left behind looks stock, doesn't it?

Comment

Or, do you mean the white string guide? Yeah, looks like some moron took off the nut and threw on a plastic string guide??

Comment

Or, do you mean the white string guide? Yeah, looks like some moron took off the nut and threw on a plastic string guide??
            Looks like they took off the locking nut and just added a regular gibson style nut. This one did not have the behind the nut lock. You can see that it somewhat covers the holes from the old locking nut and the truss rod cover is flat on the bottom(kahler's and JT6 lock nut covers are not flat).

Comment

The hole left behind looks stock, doesn't it?
              After you take off that white nut and the glue the R3 nut should fit.

Comment

Schaller R3 fits BUT, I noticed my 475 is equipped with R4. The difference is the string spacing. R3 is narrow, R4 wide.

Comment

Working...
                X