vtrem to floyd conversion model 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vtrem to floyd conversion model 1

anyone ever done this to a MIJ model series without a total refinish...in other words....doing this with an existing paint job...would it make a total mess?

It would look ugly.
    The vtrem's 6 holes will be totally visible.
    You will also need to put a shim in the neck pocket to increase the angle unless you plan to recess route.
    -Rick

Comment

If it was say a Model 1a , wouldn't a pickguard cover the 6 holes?
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
        If it was say a Model 1a , wouldn't a pickguard cover the 6 holes?
        No, the pickguard is cut to fit around the V-trem, so the holes would still show.

Last edited by Alvin_Wilson; 12-01-2009, 04:20 PM.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

my model 1 has had this done, except a JT6 not a floyd. still..cant see the old holes at all unless i remove the JT6. also, i do have a shim..pretty big one to raise the whole neck. but its fine really.. i imagine it should be no problem with putting a floyd on, and it shouldnt be a messy job at all if you take your time and do it carefully. i say go for it!

Comment

I had a Schaller Floyd installed in my Model 1 years ago, recessed. Mine was recessed, no need for a refin whatsoever, none of the holes were there anymore.

I'm not sure if the neck had to be shimmed...I don't remember that it was, but the nut had to be mounted on a shelf.

I wish I could post pics, but I no longer have the guitar. That's a whole nother sob story. But trust me, it can be done, and mine was great.

Comment

Working...
            X