Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Kahler for model 3A

All,
    Any suggestions for replacing my stock Kahler tremolo on my 3A?
    Thanks!

Sean

What model of Kahler is it???

Comment

If it has a Kahler, then it should be the Kahler Fulcrum.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

It is a Kahler Fulcrum, and its a dog with fleas. Its old and needs replaced, any ideas?

Sean

Comment

Ebay is probably your best bet. Either snag a Fulcrum tremolo, or it's either the Spyder or Steeler that is the Floyd Rose style that has the Fulcrum post spacing. As I am apt to avoid Khalers, someone else should be along to say which one is the Floyd-style replacement.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks tekky. Isn't the kahler killer suppose to be worth getting?

Sean

Comment

Not sure, as far as I know about Kahlers, the Killer could be the Floydish Fulcrum replacment. But if you're looking to drill or route, may as well just fill up the old holes and put a Floyd in it.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

The 2710 Killer is the double-locking replacement for the Fulcrum:

Used ones aren't too easy to find. WammiWorld had some NOS ones for close to $300 iirc, but that's just nuts.

The Wilkinson trem also happens to have the same narrow post spacing, and I know of at least one guy who has used one on a Model 3 project without having to do mods.
                Last edited by dg; 12-09-2009, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post

Used ones aren't too easy to find. WammiWorld had some NOS ones for close to $300 iirc, but that's just nuts.

The Wilkinson trem also happens to have the same narrow post spacing, and I know of at least one guy who has used one on a Model 3 project without having to do mods.
                  Yep, dg is correct. These are a direct replacement (I have one on my model 2) and are awesome trems. These go for a lot of $$$ on the bay though (200-250 used). I'd go another route.

Comment

I've got

Originally posted by dg View Post

I've got one of the 2700's on my Vandenberg. Really comfy for your palm...that big flat plane leaves a lot of room to move around on.

Comment

Originally posted by mpanderson70 View Post
                      It is a Kahler Fulcrum, and its a dog with fleas. Its old and needs replaced, any ideas?

Sean
                      Definitely the Kahler Killer. Smokin' Trem. I've had one for ages. Very heavy with lots of steel, and it's locking without needing to cut the ball ends off, and full adjustable, including string spacing.

Comment

I have a killer also, great solid trem.
                        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Just checked Wammi World. Not quite as high as I thought, but still a bit steep:

Whammy Parts sells current and vintage guitar parts.

Comment

Yikes! The guitar was only 170.00 with shipping. Thanks for the suggestions, all, I will update when I decide what to do. This will be a labor of love.

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by mpanderson70 View Post
                              Yikes! The guitar was only 170.00 with shipping. Thanks for the suggestions, all, I will update when I decide what to do. This will be a labor of love.

Sean
                              Dude, Ebay is your friend. Just keep a lookout. One will pop up eventually.

Comment

Working...
                              X