No announcement yet.

Replacement Kahler for model 3A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Spyder is not a direct replacement in any way. I have one on my Jap Strat. Not too bad but a Floyd is better.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Are there any Floyds that are direct replacements?

Sean

Comment

No, because of the narrow post spacing. The only locking trem that fits is the Killer.

Comment

I've still got the bridge from my 1986 model 3. I didn't like it and replaced it with a Floyd soon after purchase. I'll post a pic soon.

Comment

Grawnday,
            Can you give me the exact model of Floyd you installed. I am considering that option too.

Sean

Comment

While there may be slight variations of Floyd Rose iterations. (pro, licensed, Schaller) There's only one post spacing for them. So any model would work the same. (unless you're really lucky to obtain the Original original Floyd without fine tuners, I believe the spacing for those are slighly narrower)

now in this particular circumstance, the floyd rose is wider than the kahler fulcrum tremolo, some filling and re-drilling is required.
              Last edited by Tekky; 12-13-2009, 02:10 PM.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

I think its the original Floyd Rose. The strings are no longer directly over the pole pieces on my bridge pickup due to the spacing issue. I guess Id replace it with a Duncan TB4, but don't want to put any more money into this guitar.

Comment

My model 3 w/Floyd.

Comment

Nice Axe! My research shows that Floyds are way cheaper than Kahler, so I think this is the route to go. Any more suggestions?

Sean

Comment

Working...
                    X