what model is this charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what model is this charvel?

what kind of charvel is this (mode/year make)
    this is the first time ive stumbled upon an 86-88 headstock charvel but with side-dot inlay and the back is deep

I think the logo changed in 1988. The only charvels I've seen with the offset dot inlays is a Fusion. But I am no expert.. Serial # would probably help..
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Either the headstock was refinished or it's a japanese market one since the fusions should have the toothpaste logo.

Comment

That looks like an SDK-075-SSH, which is a Japan-only model. The only good pics I can find are of this one with stickers covering the single cavities:

As far as the year, I think it would've been between '89 and '91 or so. There are a couple of SDK models with sharkfin inlays in the '89 Japan-only catalog, then there's a gap in catalogs until '93.
        Last edited by dg; 12-14-2009, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I bought a brand new one exactly like that in Tokyo in 1991. I tis indeed an SDK-075-SSH. I wish I kept mine!!!

Comment

are they good guitars? its being sold here for about 300 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by leevan_lee View Post
              are they good guitars? its being sold here for about 300 dollars.
              Can't make out what type of bridge it has. Does it have a Schaller JT590?

Where is "here"?

Comment

Looks like a 580 to me.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here's a shot of the trem:

It looks like a Takeuchi version of the JT-580, comparing it to the one on Henrik's site:

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    Where is "here"?
                    The OP is in the Philippines, Don.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X