Need ID for circuit diagram for Charvel Mij

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ID for circuit diagram for Charvel Mij

Hi all, was hoping to post some pics but don't have permission yet, guess its cos' I'm new, but will post some on Image shack in a mo.
    this charvel is a bolt on made in japan No 334727, with guitar shaped charvel logo above the number and fort worth address below, has toothpaste charvel logo by tuning pegs, 'Frets' there are 22, Pickups are 1 x single coil set at angle under fretboard,1 x single humbucker oblong cover next to tremolo which is a'Jackson' licensed by Floyd Rose (I think they make Gibson and/or Fender tremolos too?). has one volume/tone knob which is a double pot (presume works both pickups) and a slot which I assume had a slider or 5 position switch originally, has been replaced with mini toggle STSP switch,
    I assume I need to know the model cos' I'm looking for a circuit diagram to fix the electrics, would like to find an original switch to refit.
    the circuit board has number NADY 101 GT ('GT' UNDERNEATH)
    top right hand corner it's stamped 0111322 it has No 1200 on there as well, is this the original board?

any help with this minor repair job (hopefully minor) will be greatly appreciated, my first charvel and I like the feel of it, just need to get it working.
    so thanks in advance.

Hi again, have posted some pics on 'image shack' here:-

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

never seen one of these before to be honest.
      doesn't look like one of the JEs I know (1000/1200/1500).
      I doubt this is a stock configuration of this guitar.
      dude, this thing is huuuge...

have a look at the "need wiring diagram for model 4" thread couple of links below, there are diagrams posted of the jackson electronic circtuits I know of. you will see the differences to what you got.

I once had a NADY 101, but it was a beltpack wireless system.
      maybe someone ripped it apart and built it into your guitar?
      I always thought this idea was kind of exciting.
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Looks like a 275 Deluxe.

Pretty sure it just came with a volume knob, 3-way switch and a Jackson JT-6 tremolo (FR licensed). The circuit board and mini-toggle are not stock or even available stock on any Jacksons or Charvels that I know of.
        My gear
        87 Charvel Model 6
        86 Charvel Model 4
        93 Jackson RR EX
        93 Jackson Kelly STD
        88 Ibanez RG560
        99 Schecter Diamond C-7
        Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

I can't look at the pics at work as they are blocked by our corporate firewall but it sounds like someone shoehorned a wireless transmitter into the guitar. The toggle is probably to power the transmitter on and off.

Brad Gillis' (Nightranger) Strat (and his Fernandes sigs) have a similar setup.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

OK Thanks guys, I take it that there was no circuit board in there originaly, just a plain connection to the jack socket.
            BTW Glave, I agree its most likely a 275 Deluxe of 1989, the page says '3DR Models 6 and 7 I'd like to know what that means, and which model mine is, 6 or 7.
            would also like to know where to find a circuit diagram to put it back as original and where to find a three way switch.
            Micha, thanks but there's only wiring for 1xhum =2xSC in the manuals.
            Hellbat, the previous owner must have had an amp with a receiver.
            thanks all, all sugestions welcome.
            Last edited by noelist; 12-15-2009, 09:25 PM. Reason: need clarification

Comment

If you look at the first pages of the catalog, you'll see pictures of the Model 6, 7 and 3DR.
              If you want to get it back original, you'd have to take out the circuit board and the mini-toggle and put a 3-way blade switch back in. You can pick them up from any guitar part supplier like this http://www.axesrus.com/axeElectronicsSwitches.htm
              Can't find a specific wiring diagram atm. Others probably have favorite diagram sites they can share.
              Last edited by Glave; 12-16-2009, 02:47 AM.
              My gear
              87 Charvel Model 6
              86 Charvel Model 4
              93 Jackson RR EX
              93 Jackson Kelly STD
              88 Ibanez RG560
              99 Schecter Diamond C-7
              Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Yea Glave, thought the switches might be specific jakson charvel, and did come across a site with diagrams for wiring 2 pick ups and one pot before finding this forum, didn't bookmark it and having trouble finding it again.
                and I never noticed the model numbers on the first pages of the catalog, seems I've got a 3dr, classic series, 275 deluxe, thanks, I will be chucking that circuit board out and getting a switch, hopefully someone will point me to a circuit diagram somewhere, but will keep hunting anyway.
                thanks for the reply Glave.

Comment

Noelist, the guitar is a 1989 275 Deluxe, and that's the only model name for it. The others in that section of the catalog scan site (Models 3DR, 6, and 7) are from a different brochure, and were actually from 1988.

The Seymour Duncan site has a great wiring section, as does guitarelectronics.com. The only H-S with 3-way blade diagram I could find is in the Tele section on the Duncan site, though. Actually, it has the hum in the neck postion and and a tone pot, but that's easy to just leave out, and the diagram should at least get you on the right track:

Last edited by dg; 12-16-2009, 09:28 AM.

Comment

try the seymour duncan homepage. ( www.seymourduncan.com /support -> wiring diagrams)
                    they have diagrams for almoust all situations and AFAIK the color codes should be compatible with most other PUs.
                    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Hey thanks for the clarification 'dg' andyou and 'micha' for pointing me at seymour duncan, actually its a double tone pot so should be a synch, and a bit of trial and error.
                      well thats me all sorted, this is a great forum, you lads have been most helpful, thanks ever so much to you all.
                      will probably post a pic of the final soldering job, cant wait to plug it in to my vintage marshall.
                      catch you later.

Comment

Working...
                      X