Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel case for model 2

Hi everybody,

I'm wondering which charvel case fits my Charvel model 2 (did it come with a case originally?)? Will it fit in the grey chainsaw case you see on ebay sometimes?

Thanks!

Eric

Most of the grey chainsaw cases that come up will fit a Model 1 - 4 (full-size strat, regular headstock), but the ones made for the Soloist-shaped neckthroughs (Model 5 & 6) or for the models with a Dinky body & reverse headstock (3DR, Model 88) won't. It's best to ask the seller if there's no specific description in the auction. There are also tweed cases that were used when the Model Series were first introduced. I don't know how form-fitting and Model-specific those were, but someone here will.
    Last edited by dg; 01-05-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

as dg says, model 2 came with gray chainsaw case.
      my old tweed cases are just rectangular cases: one part for the body and a space for the neck, with a side compartment for stuff. so in short, these cases are not form fitting cases.

Comment

Ok, thanks guys! I can try to fit it in first, as the case is sold here in the Netherlands.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          Most of the grey chainsaw cases that come up will fit a Model 1 - 4 (full-size strat, regular headstock), but the ones made for the Soloist-shaped neckthroughs (Model 5 & 6) or for the models with a Dinky body & reverse headstock (3DR, Model 88) won't. It's best to ask the seller if there's no specific description in the auction. There are also tweed cases that were used when the Model Series were first introduced. I don't know how form-fitting and Model-specific those were, but someone here will.
          I have a 5fx, which I bought new in 1988/89, and it came with an original gray chainsaw Charvel case (from Sam Ash). It is a neck-through and has the soloist body style and fits perfect...

Comment

My model 2, 3, 4, & 650 all fit in gray or black Chainsaw's. My 88 has to have a reverse stock case.
            Models
            The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
            I dont need furniture.
            If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
            If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
            And rock that sucker.

Comment

My model 2 fits perfectly in the chainsaw case! no worries!

Comment

Is there 2 different chainsaw cases? Other than color being black or grey? My Model 6 with the non-recessed trem, the neck is tilted back more and doesn't fit regular soloist/dinky cases right but fits the chainsaw case I got with it perfect.
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                X