Getting a Legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a Legend

Hey, just put down some cash for a MINT Legend. She looks Virtually unplayed. I can't believe this find. The neck plate Says Made is USA but Im told they were Japanese made.

similar to these except they were from texas.
    "... guitarists shouldn't get too riled up about all of the great players that were left off of 'Rolling Stone Magazines' list of the Greatest Guitar Players of all Time' ... Rolling Stone is published for people who read the magazine because they don't know what to wear ..." - Joe (Sach) Satriani

Is it a tele body shape?The legends were teles with the reversed headstock.
    I had an 89 TSB and guitar shaped logo.
    MIJ.
    Last edited by straycat; 01-11-2010, 06:04 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by kellycripp View Post
      Hey, just put down some cash for a MINT Legend. She looks Virtually unplayed. I can't believe this find. The neck plate Says Made is USA but Im told they were Japanese made.

similar to these except they were from texas.
      The neck plate on the Legend does not say "Made in USA".
      Read it closely.
      You will not find the words "Made in" on the neck plate anywhere.

Any Charvel with a FT. Worth, Texas address on the neck plate was made in Japan.
      -Rick

Comment

+1

Comment

yeah thats what i meant. anyhow, its a great guitar, itll be mine in two more weeks!!! my wife is going to kill me!!!
          "... guitarists shouldn't get too riled up about all of the great players that were left off of 'Rolling Stone Magazines' list of the Greatest Guitar Players of all Time' ... Rolling Stone is published for people who read the magazine because they don't know what to wear ..." - Joe (Sach) Satriani

Comment

Don't tell her.

Comment

Kill her first!!
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

More newbie wife drama!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah Ron we know who wears the panties in that family!!
                  J/K

Comment

nah, not drama so much as just coercing. it only took like two weeks of working the wife to get my way.

Comment

GOT THE LEGEND!!! I had the shop put in a dimarzio super distortion T in the bridge and kept the neck stock. I actually really like the neck pickup a ton. pics to follow as soon as i get my computer working to upload from my camera.

Comment

Pics!!!

here she is sorry about the quality i took them from my phone.

Comment

Nice!
                          I love mine... They really are kickass woodchoppers!
                          Congrats on the find!
                          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

here are some better pics to show how actually fricking near mint this baby is!!!

Last edited by kellycripp; 02-14-2010, 05:41 AM. Reason: adding a pic

Comment

Working...
                            X