No announcement yet.

QUICK! Predator or 550 xl professional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUICK! Predator or 550 xl professional?

Reverse headstock or neck-thru. Both are same price and have original cases etc. Both are humbucker/neck humbucker.

Please help me decide really fast! Predator is red, 550xl is deep blue. I've got to pay for one right now so please help!
    Last edited by savatage; 01-13-2010, 03:15 PM.
    RIP Criss Oliva -> Still The Orchestra Plays
    My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

550... no question.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks. I'm buying it right now. Will post pictures later.
      My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

Comment

Whew!! After many days of indecision I have just bought my first Charvel!

550 xl in blue with original hsc, trem arm, and wrenches.

images: the first for photos here: http://s385.photobucket.com/albums/oo296/csacwp/

Thanks for everybody's help! This guitar screams savatage in that it's a charvel, it has 2 pickups, and it has a colored toothpaste headstock. Just what I was looking for (give or take the reverse headstock).

Comment

Hey, that is a non-recessed trem with a pull-up route; the best Floyd setup if you're a whammy artist, IMO.

Gotta love the hot-rod look too, with the single vol and chrome hw. You did good.

Comment

Sweet guitar!!! congrats.

Comment

Congrats! Cool guitar!
              My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Congrats! It looks great. I think you made a great choice.

Comment

How thick is the neck on the 550 xl? How is it compared to.. let's say.. a fender contemporary standard strat or a Gibson SG?

Comment

Is the rosewood ok? It's super grainy.

Comment

Good find, man. Not very common guitars either.
                      http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

nice, man. That's a keeper
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by savatage View Post
                          Is the rosewood ok? It's super grainy.
                          The old polish mixed with finger oil and such has gone waxy in the grooves and pores of the wood (the yellowish coloured stuff.). Some Dunlop fingerboard cleaner and an old toothbrush will make short work of it.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice!!! Congrats. I have one and I love it
                            Re-fretted mine with Jumbos and put a Bare Knuckles Nail bomb it the bridge and it sounds awesome!!!
                            Have fun with it!!
                            when Ulijohnroth [Dobreman guitars] on the board here re-fretted mine he cleaned and lightly sanded the fret board and this nasty black junk came off the board and a really nice looking rosewood was under all that gunk lol!
                            Last edited by metalone; 01-14-2010, 08:10 AM.

Comment

That is a sweet axe!

Still the orchestra plays!

Comment

Working...
                              X