Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 refin project pic!

Yeah...um...it's not very far along!

The body and neck shipped out to Marty Bell today. I'm going with a powder blue body and matching powder blue headstock, nothing too fancy. Stay tuned for real pics!

You going all original or any mods in the plan?
    Models
    The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
    I dont need furniture.
    If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
    If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
    And rock that sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
      You going all original or any mods in the plan?
      No mods. I snagged it for $150 off of CL with an OHSC, and really bonded with it. All the electronics are stock. At that price there was room to do a cool refin project and not break the bank, although that Kahler restoration set me back another $100. It's hard to not get nickel and dimed to death on these!

Comment

Sweet, can't wait to see the pics when it is done. Did you have to do any prep work to the body or neck like cleaning or sanding before sending it out or is that covered in the cost of the refin?

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
          Sweet, can't wait to see the pics when it is done. Did you have to do any prep work to the body or neck like cleaning or sanding before sending it out or is that covered in the cost of the refin?
          Nah, Marty is going to do all the stripping/sealing/painting/clearing/etc. All I did was remove all the hardware.

Comment

Got any pics of it before you striped it down?
            Models
            I dont need furniture.
            And rock that sucker.

Comment

Comment

Some paint wear, but don't look beat up.
                Powder Blue with the Black hardware & pups will look killer.
                How long before get it back?

What all did you have to replace on the Kahler?
                Last edited by Tricky; 01-23-2010, 08:23 PM.
                Models
                I dont need furniture.
                And rock that sucker.

Comment

It got sprayed with some kind of solvent by the previous owner, and it really hammered the finish. I buffed my brains out and the best I could get it was "kinda cloudy". I don't have a time estimate yet, but I have plenty of other projects to work on.

Comment

Thanks Axe. Please keep us posted. I have several Model Series Charvels that have beat up finishes so I'm stoked to see this finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      It got sprayed with some kind of solvent by the previous owner, and it really hammered the finish. I buffed my brains out and the best I could get it was "kinda cloudy". I don't have a time estimate yet, but I have plenty of other projects to work on.
                      didn't your father ever sit you down and have a talk with you about buffin your brains out when you were a teenager? thats what happens, things get "kinda cloudy" and eventually you need glasses.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                      X